Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What are you having for Christmas dinner? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-you-having-christmas-dinner-t258517.html)

Krisb 12-21-2014 11:22 AM

Christmas Eve--swedish meatballs, boiled potatoes, vegetable, air pudding, coleslaw with the hot dressing, cookies. It's only DH and I, so I will not be require to make that terrible fish.

Christmas Day--turkey with apple sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans with basil, pumpkin pie. Probably leftover coleslaw, homemade rolls. More cookies.

Boxing Day--Leftover turkey casserole.

New Year's Day--roast pork, some sweet potatoes, some vegetable. Rice pudding for dessert. More cookies if there are any left. LOL.

crafty pat 12-21-2014 11:42 AM

I guess mine will be as always, Turkey and cornbread dressing, gravy made from some of the dressing and turkey gravy, baked honey ham, sweet potato casserole scalloped potatoes, broccoli rice and cheese casserole,green beans and cranberry salad. Dinner rolls, and for desert pecan, pumpkin and chocolate pie's. Christmas cookies and fudge. When I look at my and all the other great meals we are all planning I have to stop and be so thankful for all God has blessed us with. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Chasing Hawk 12-21-2014 11:49 AM

Steak, shrimp, a baked potato, fresh green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic and seasoned with soy sauce.

Haven't decided on desserts.

yobrosew 12-21-2014 07:17 PM

I don't know yet! The oven died and I am not going to replace with a rush purchase. I just don't want to deal with picking one out or letting go of the moolah. It cannot be repaired. Sooooo, I just don't know yet what it is going to be just stuff on the stovetop and crockpots. This was the year I was going to bake a different cookie each of the twelve days before Christmas; guess I was not suppose to that! We will be getting brand Honey Baked Ham and my gang loves the stuff and probably would be happy with just that. Something tells me this year is going to be the best, stress-free cooking Christmas ever!

yobrosew 12-21-2014 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krisb (Post 7016567)
Christmas Eve--swedish meatballs, boiled potatoes, vegetable, air pudding, coleslaw with the hot dressing, cookies. It's only DH and I, so I will not be require to make that terrible fish.

Christmas Day--turkey with apple sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans with basil, pumpkin pie. Probably leftover coleslaw, homemade rolls. More cookies.

Boxing Day--Leftover turkey casserole.

New Year's Day--roast pork, some sweet potatoes, some vegetable. Rice pudding for dessert. More cookies if there are any left. LOL.

How about your coleslaw with hot dressing recipe? And green beans with basil? Please and Thank you!

juneayerza 12-21-2014 08:02 PM

Christmas Eve will be tamales and Mexican beans and rice. For dessert it will be three milk cake (tres leche)

Christmas day it will be roasted leg of lamb, baby white beans cooked in the lamb juice gravey, salad and left over tres leche cake with fruit.

Barb in Louisiana 12-21-2014 08:09 PM

Here in south Louisiana, the tradition for our Christmas dinner is Chicken & Sausage Gumbo with Rice as the main dish. We still do Sweet potatoes in the oven, rolls, field peas with pods of okra, green bean casserole and all kinds of desserts. Someone will do a pork roast. We are like everyone else - a bit tired of turkey and dressing.

tesspug 12-21-2014 08:18 PM

Christmas Eve will be brisket and egg noodles. This was my mother's recipe and we carry on the tradition. We have it with cole slaw, rolls and applesauce. Christmas day we'll have ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, and fruit salad. Cookies and candy and a huge box of Sees chocolates. See 's started near where my mom lived as a girl.

Anniedeb 12-21-2014 09:52 PM

We are doing Christmas Eve. Besides the usual appetizers.... Smoked turkey and ham, Scalloped potatoes, fruit, Balsamic Spinach salad, Asian salad, corn bread muffins, glazed carrots, and a couple of Jello concoctions! Dessert will be pie, cookies, ice cream and a cake. Can you tell we like variety? This year on Christmas Day we will drive up to BIL's about an hour away....not sure what's on their menu...bringing some desserts!

Edie 12-22-2014 03:52 AM

Christmas Eve - Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, veggie, rutabaga salad, dill beans and dessert (cookies). ( At my sister in law's home) She makes THE BEST ham gravy in the world.

Christmas Day - Ham, turkey, beef sandwiches on dollar buns, chips, dips, cheese, crackers, Genoa Salami, Shrimp Cocktail, potato salad., baked beans, cookies( Here at home with son and family)

December 27, Here at home - same as above except one sister is bringing rutabaga salad and tapioca with kiwi and pomegranate, other sister is bringing veggies and dip, cookies and wine. (With my sisters and their families)

December 28, Here at Same as all three of the above, just me and the Minnensota Vikings!!!!!!!!! They are leftovers, too!!!!!!

Edie