Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What you up to this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-you-up-weekend-t21249.html)

PrettyKitty 06-12-2009 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
I'm putting the 2 borders on my DN's Graduation quilt. Top should be finished on Sunday. Then it's onto the frame for some real fun! :)

Wow, you are disciplined! Can't wait to see it finished!

PrettyKitty 06-12-2009 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kj05
Way too much...Tomorrow is my dad's birthday and my parents anniversary, but we're celebrating tonight because today is also my fiance's very last day of college (hopefully!). Then tomorrow I have a bridal shower to go to and a bachelorette party. Sunday another bridal shower. And hopefully somewhere in there I'll get some quilting done. I at least have to finish a table runner before dinner tonight.

Wow, party party party eh? Nice to have so much to celebrate.

QuiltMania 06-12-2009 07:42 AM

Today was the last day of school. Woohoo!!!! So this weekend I intend to relax. Monday I start working on all the summer projects I brought home.

bearpaw 06-12-2009 08:10 AM

The usual Saturday morning cleaning :thumbdown:
SIL and niece are flying in from CA late tonight. Should be interesting!!

Jim's Gem 06-12-2009 09:40 AM

This is a UFO weekend for me. It means that my group of quilting friends from church descend upon the music room and take it over for our quilting!!! We are there from 5-11 (or 12) tonight and 9-3 tomorrow. I have today off of work, so I am going to get some backs done so that tonight DH and I can go over to the church to the tables set up and sandwich 4 quilts. I may not start quilting them at the church cause it is easier for me to work on them at home since my sewing machine sinks into my desk and I have a nice large flat area to work on. I may bring the embroider unit and work on the labels for these for quilts. I love UFO weekends!!! It's friends, quilting, food, quilting, talking, quilting, sharing of ideas and projects!!!

Jim's Gem 06-12-2009 09:55 AM

Last weekend 6 of us went on the Central Coast Quilt Run. We hit 14 quilt shops in 2 days. 11 of them on Friday. We had the greatest time!

julie 06-12-2009 01:48 PM

Not a blessed thing! After a full month of something every weekend, I can finally relax. Oh wait, we're thinking of getting two of the grandsons...No relaxing for me, but plenty of hugs, kisses, and laughter.

butterflywing 06-12-2009 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I finally got the quilt posted! and a special thank you too!

hey, where is it posted? wanna see :shock:

MadQuilter 06-12-2009 02:48 PM

DH wanted to go camping - it's his B-day this weekend. Then the weather turned poopy (aw darnit :mrgreen: ) and he called off the plans. Now I get to play with my new machine. hehehe

I will make him a fab dinner and a strawberry shortcake.

Chele 06-12-2009 03:02 PM

What a wonderful weekend you have planned! Sounds like fun. I'm finishing up some work stuff and then I'll tackle the laundry I've let slide. Always time for sewing though. Sunday, we'll have the boat on the lake. Hopefully, I won't get brave and try a turn on the tube. I think hubby has it out for me! :roll: I should stick to water skiing.