Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What you up to this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-you-up-weekend-t21249.html)

PrettyKitty 06-12-2009 05:03 AM

It is a lovely sunny day here in Birmingham, UK, and I am really looking forward to the weekend because

a) I just got paid
b) The weather is supposed to stay nice
c) I have sewing and shopping planned

Tonight - straight home after work, a glass of vino, laundry and a bit of tidying up.
Tomorrow - an early start, then grocery shopping, going to the sewing machine shop to get denim needles, checking out the charity shop for cheap denim to buy (planning to do a denim rag quilt). go to the market for my meat and veg. Then an afternoon of sewing, and then a relaxing evening in with my fella.
Sunday - Lazy morning with my fella, read the papers, have a nice breakfast. Then will pop over to Mom and Dad's for a quick visit, then not much else for the day....more sewing, bit of housework, maybe doing the ironing. Roasting a chicken for the cats because it is their birthday (2 yrs old)

So I was wondering if you are all also looking forward to the weekend? I'd love to hear what you are all doing?

kwhite 06-12-2009 05:12 AM

Loretta have we seen this surprise? You know we have to approve.

My DD just turned 21 on Weds and we are having a party out at out camp. So it is prep and camp for me.

tlrnhi 06-12-2009 05:13 AM

Hey Mary...can I join you? Sounds more fun than what I got planned and what I have planned is NOTHING!

kwhite 06-12-2009 05:17 AM

Terri come to camp with me and party.

tlrnhi 06-12-2009 05:17 AM

Swing by and pick me up!

PrettyKitty 06-12-2009 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Loretta have we seen this surprise? You know we have to approve.

My DD just turned 21 on Weds and we are having a party out at out camp. So it is prep and camp for me.

Yay! Party! Can I come?

amma 06-12-2009 05:54 AM

I am going to spend the day with my daughters and grandchildren on Saturday...not sure about Sunday yet :D :D :D

mytwopals 06-12-2009 05:56 AM

I'm putting the 2 borders on my DN's Graduation quilt. Top should be finished on Sunday. Then it's onto the frame for some real fun! :)

Kj05 06-12-2009 06:00 AM

Way too much...Tomorrow is my dad's birthday and my parents anniversary, but we're celebrating tonight because today is also my fiance's very last day of college (hopefully!). Then tomorrow I have a bridal shower to go to and a bachelorette party. Sunday another bridal shower. And hopefully somewhere in there I'll get some quilting done. I at least have to finish a table runner before dinner tonight.

PrettyKitty 06-12-2009 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I am going to spend the day with my daughters and grandchildren on Saturday...not sure about Sunday yet :D :D :D

That sounds nice amma, I hope you enjoy it