Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your pet peeve? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-pet-peeve-t99243.html)

patricej 02-13-2011 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Wish I hadn't read this post at all.....

we normally delete Pet Peeve topics because they inevitably lead to hurt feelings. it amazes me that we can never get through one of them without somebody bringing out the Red Pen of Death over spelling and grammar.

of course it would be wonderful if every one of us had the opportunity for a top-notch education; or if everyone of us was a "natural-born" wordsmith.

but that is not the case.

let's face facts. typing in all upper case on the internet is rude. typing in all lower case (as has become my own mildy-regretable habit) is lazy, but saves time. cyber-abbreviations and spell-check in word processing software do not encourage us hone our skills, either.

if yours is a profession that demands proof-reading documents written by others, then - by all means - keep the Red Pen handy when you are at work.

but let's not worry about it here, ok?

Beth33 02-13-2011 04:02 AM

Pregnant teenagers and non-virgin brides wearing white.

Seems nobody has morals anymore.

Kathy9052 02-13-2011 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
and the toilet paper has to come off the top of the roll. I will even switch it at other peoples houses...lol

Sorry but the toilet paper comes off the bottom of the roll in our home. Before, it didn't make any difference to me. Then little grandkids came along that like to spin the roll. If the toilet paper came off the top of the roll, they would unwind the whole thing. Now it just spins with the paper held in place.

dakotamaid 02-13-2011 04:36 AM

Newspaper articles (or cyber articles) that don't check their facts!

mygirl66 02-13-2011 04:48 AM

wet socks & cold toilet seats

2manyprojects 02-13-2011 04:53 AM

pull out in front of me....I am the only car within sight...and then turn 1 block down the road! :thumbdown:

Lv2sew2011 02-13-2011 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Wish I hadn't read this post at all.....

we normally delete Pet Peeve topics because they inevitably lead to hurt feelings. it amazes me that we can never get through one of them without somebody bringing out the Red Pen of Death over spelling and grammar.

of course it would be wonderful if every one of us had the opportunity for a top-notch education; or if everyone of us was a "natural-born" wordsmith.

but that is not the case.

let's face facts. typing in all upper case on the internet is rude. typing in all lower case (as has become my own mildy-regretable habit) is lazy, but saves time. cyber-abbreviations and spell-check in word processing software do not encourage us hone our skills, either.

if yours is a profession that demands proof-reading documents written by others, then - by all means - keep the Red Pen handy when you are at work.

but let's not worry about it here, ok?

That's how I was feeling...like I need to go to microsoft word and check all my spelling and grammer now...But I'm not going to. I said was was sorry if it bothers them. And I'm going to leave it at that. :-))

scrappylouisa 02-13-2011 05:07 AM

My pet peeve is grocery baggers! I hate it when they mix food and non-food items in the same bag.

emerald46 02-13-2011 05:08 AM

Newscasters and weather people here in Texas that can't pronounce city and/or street names correctly.

patricej 02-13-2011 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by emerald46
Newscasters and weather people here in Texas that can't pronounce city and/or street names correctly.

they are everywhere ... not just in Texas. :lol: