Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your pet peeve? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-pet-peeve-t99243.html)

stitchinwitch 02-13-2011 06:58 AM

Non handicapped people taking the handicapped parking places. That is just plain RUDE and inconsiderate.

Lv2sew2011 02-13-2011 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by grannypjb
Having dinner in a restaurant and the waitress/waiter keeps asking "can I get "you guys" anything?" or "is everything all right, "you guys"! Grrrr!

We had a waiter last night at Red Lobster, that keep saying us! like he was sitting with us too! LOL ( I just thought what the heck)

Like can I get us anything else!

Lv2sew2011 02-13-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by drdolly
When people stand in the middle of an aisle anywhere and you can not get around. Then when you say Excuse ME, they just look at you.

Yesterday my husband and I went to Afairs of the Heart Craft show and of course there were a lot of people there and a lot with children. And when we tried walking down the aisle and a child would step right in front of you and almost make you trip over them and fall. Was very frustrated finally I told my husband lets go that I was tired of stubbling over children!

LindaJR 02-13-2011 07:06 AM

Cell phones. People on them in resturants, in cars, you name it. I think they should be used in public for emergencies or a salesman confirming he is on way to next stop. And if driving PLEASE move over to side of road and stop until you are finished with the call. I have seen far too many near accidents because driver is on phone.

arimuse 02-13-2011 07:06 AM

me too!

Izaquilter 02-13-2011 07:08 AM

my pet peeve is people having pet peeves! C'mon people can't we all just get along! LOL

j 02-13-2011 07:13 AM

People saying "these ones" where did they learn their English?--J

nance-ell 02-13-2011 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by isewhappy

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I cringe when I hear the advertisement on TV that says their product is "gooder" or when I hear news commentators say "You guys......." or "these guys"......ARRRRGH!

The general decline of the English language. Speaking/Spelling - I cringe at: "I seen it" "Yous guys" "It don't matter" - just to name a few.

Ditto! Especially the use of "I" and "me".... or when to say "more" or "most" instead of ending an adjective with "-er" or "-est". My mother corrected me every time until I got it right! It was annoying at the time, but I'm thankful today.

Sadiemae 02-13-2011 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by j
People saying "these ones" where did they learn their English?--J

My late husband said "these ones" and "seed it". His brothers and sister also said the same things. I admit that it drove this "teacher" crazy.

Izaquilter 02-13-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Non handicapped people taking the handicapped parking places. That is just plain RUDE and inconsiderate.

NOT TO BE RUDE but people 'ASSUMING that you AREN'T handicapped while parking in the handicapped spot. I look normal, I walk normal, I speak normal BUT my breathing is NOT normal. I get "the' looks when I'm getting out of my car & when I get my oxygen & once I put my oxygen on they quit staring at me. I got pneumonia & it wrapped itself around my lungs. Now I can't walk fifty feet without getting winded. By the time I'm done in a grocery store, I'm all but inside that cart trying to get my groceries in my car. (I still use the push cart) I don't think any of us want to be handicapped & didn't ask to be handicapped. It sure makes life harder not being able to do everything for yourself like you use to. I was perfectly healthy until I had pneumonia. It sure has changed the way I look at people in Wal Mart riding them carts 'that don't look like they are handicapped"