Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's your Other Hobby? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-your-other-hobby-t279272.html)

GrammaTerry 06-05-2016 07:20 AM

You and your horse are a beautiful sight to see. I've enjoyed reading about everyone's hobbies. I love to do stained glass, garden, (became a Master Gardener after I retired), knitting and crocheting beginner, cross-stitch, read, read, read! It's lovely to wake up in the morning and think, "Hmmmmm! What shall I do today?"

cashs_mom 06-05-2016 08:11 AM

Watson is beautiful! I used to show hunters and jumpers back in the day. We learned some dressage to compliment it. Its very demanding, but so graceful!

Now my "other hobby" or I should say hobbies, are cars and car shows (I have a 66 Mustang and a 2011 Corvette Z06 that I show and my husband has a 34 Ford Street Rod and a 2015 Chevrolet SS that he shows) and my 3 dachshunds who amazingly can take up a lot of time for 3 smallish dogs. lol

Watson 06-05-2016 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom (Post 7569357)
Watson is beautiful! I used to show hunters and jumpers back in the day. We learned some dressage to compliment it. Its very demanding, but so graceful!

cashs_mom....hunters and jumpers?! No way! We keep all four hooves on the ground! No jumping for us!

Thanks for all the compliments on my beautiful boy...although he was a little stinker last night. He must know there's a show coming up.

I really like to read about everyone's other hobbies. It's interesting to know what else is going on in people's lives!

Watson

crafty pat 06-05-2016 09:40 AM

I love your beautiful horse. I paint do all kinds of crafts sew clothing and garden as much as I can. I also love to read. I do Japanese flower arranging have two degrees in this and love doing all kinds of flower arranging and designing decorations for all kinds of events and holidays.

caspharm 06-05-2016 10:09 AM

He's beautiful. I love horses. My other hobby is reading (thank goodness for the local library), but I might get into woodworking. I had woodshop for 2 years in middle school. We made guitars and some other things. Just what I need, another expensive hobby :).

sparkys_mom 06-05-2016 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Watson is gorgeous! This is Jack and he is my 'other' hobby.

Boston1954 06-05-2016 10:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Your horse is GORGEOUS!! My other hobbies are photography, writing poetry, and collecting cup plates.

JENNR8R 06-05-2016 12:35 PM

I LOVE your "other hobby." I'd love to do that if I were able.

When I was growing up, I had a couple of horses. I sold my two-year old when I married at 19...

I got into several different crafts. I taught myself to crochet after a class was cancelled. Then I taught myself to do cake decorating. I made wedding cakes for 20 years for fun. Now decorating a cake feels like work.

At 52 I did my first skydive. I only meant to do one, but that turned into 719 jumps in the next seven years. I'd still be doing that every weekend if I was able.

Before I had to give up skydiving I began my first quilt. It took me 12 months to finish it. Now I'm no longer working and am glad to have a hobby that I can still do.

palandrum 06-05-2016 12:46 PM

I sing lead and backup vocals and play keyboard with a classic country music band 1-2 times a week, love to read, crochet and, of course, quilt. Probably the most prolific "hobby" I have is collecting fabric. ;0)

quiltybarb 06-05-2016 02:12 PM

Gorgeous horses! My other hobby is tropical gardening....could stay out there all day......I almost forgot one of my hobby's is fostering kittens for the Broward County Humane Society.....Quilting tho' is my passion......