Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   When Will It End? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/when-will-end-t135267.html)

christina d 07-05-2011 02:58 AM

I love firecrackers we did not have any this year and we are lucky our funny little furbaby isnt afraid of anything I think thats because he was a NY street dog before we rescued him but I do feel for the poor babies who get scared and their parents

Boxer mom 07-05-2011 03:45 AM

I use to be an ACO (animal control officer) and I can tell you the 4th of July is the worst. Do your pets a favor and if they are able go to your local vet and get a tranqulizer for them. I do this for mine every year and have done it since they were little. They sleep right threw it.

KwiltyKahy 07-05-2011 03:52 AM

This year was the worst for fireworks in my neighborhood. There have always been some but this year it was everywhere and lots and lots. I can't imagine how much money these people spent. And there is at least one group who has been shooting off some every night for a week. I' just hoping they don't have any left, it scares the dog and he sits in my lap and shivers. Makes it very difficult to sew or surf the net.

Dodie 07-05-2011 05:05 AM

I feel so sorry for the poor animals during this time they really need a law they can be used only 2 hours 10 PM to midnight then people would know what to expect and live with it July is my most disliked month as one has to be very very careful with pets I know of horses cut up because it scared them through a fence

jeannie t 07-05-2011 05:11 AM

My 3 furbaby's are not happy with fireworks but are okay as long as were home all three snuggle on my lap, but glad when there over.

sandpat 07-05-2011 05:18 AM

They were still shooting them off at midnight last night. I can take care of the animals (although they don't care for them)...I'm nervous as a cat though with all our fields grown up for hay and it being so dry! Our stupid neighbor was shooting them off in the middle of the woods with all the dry leaves everywhere, then the bottle rockets come down in our dry pasture. Scares me to death!

munchkinmama 07-05-2011 05:37 AM

With our severe drought this year - no fireworks except on the sand beach. It sure was nice for the dog!!

Roberta 07-05-2011 05:38 AM

I'm really dreading next 4th. of July. Maine just made fireworks legal in the state and I imagine every house will have one to shoot off to "show the kids".

Just Me... 07-05-2011 05:53 AM

My golden retriever was a lap dog all weekend. We live in the woods and I was so afraid our woods would catch fire from all the neighbor kids. (It happened locally last year, and someone actually lost their house!)

Stitchit123 07-05-2011 05:54 AM

The firecrackers started weeks before the school year ended -recently the M-80s started now its the screaming rockets and we'll only have quiet for maybe 2 weeks before they start all over again for Labor Day. My old cat has been in hiding for so long that I brought out a picture of her so I can see what she looks like.I wish they would outlaw all personal sales.