Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   When Will It End? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/when-will-end-t135267.html)

KathyAire 07-04-2011 07:36 PM

I've been in the laundry room with my two fur kids since about 8:15. Just came out to see if it's safe for them to come out. It's not. It sounds like what I imagine Iraq or Afghanistan sounds like - a war zone. I suspect that we will be in there until about 2:00 AM. I'm thankful for the annoying exhaust fan. It muffles the outside sounds really good. We don't have a windows in the laundry room.

On the news earlier, they said the sales for firecrackers were down this year. The vendors might have had to put their stuff on sale in order to get rid of it since they can only sell until midnight. I fear my neighbors all bought a double dose.

Time to go back in and read to Ruby Darlin' and Sam.

auntpiggylpn 07-04-2011 07:42 PM

My poor puppies (see avatar) are beside themselves. The one on the right became a stray on 4th of July 7 years ago and wound up at the local shelter. Fortunately, we were able to adopt him but he certainly does not like the booms!!!

My 3 cats are hiding under the bed!!!

lisainmo 07-04-2011 07:42 PM

LOL I totally agree my cat is just having a fit. I am tired of it to. A little bit goes a long ways. They are still at it here and will be far past midnight I am sure.

blueangel 07-04-2011 07:43 PM

I am happy when the 4th is over.

rushdoggie 07-04-2011 07:43 PM

8:43 here, just started in on it...

dogpursemaker 07-04-2011 07:49 PM

This is the second day of our neighbors' celebration. As a bonus, we also get to hear their music, and have our house vibrate-and we're rural. Thankfully it doesn't phase my dogs in the least; cats aren't so happy, but my horse is less than pleased. She gets a bit jumpy with the noise, but when they start exploding above her head she really gets stressed-especially when they come from more than one direction.

crafty_linda_b 07-04-2011 07:49 PM

Can you put a radio on in the laundry room for the fur babies to distract them from the noise outside? I am so glad we live about 5 miles out of town so don't hear any of the noise. I can see the fireworks lighting up the sky sometimes but don't have to hear any of the noise. We don't have any fur babies anymore. I hope y'all have a good evening..crafty_linda_b

KathyAire 07-04-2011 07:58 PM

We live outsdie the city limits and that's the problem - there are no restrictions here.

It really bugs me, too, when I read CraigsList and see all the dogs and cats 'lost'. The ads say 'when we got home Bubba was gone. He probably got scared by the fireworks'. Give me a break. Don't you know when your dog is gun-shy. Don't leave him in the yard when you know there will be firecrackers. It's the same every year. --- I'm through ranting, now.

Crabby Patty 07-04-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by dogpursemaker
This is the second day of our neighbors' celebration. As a bonus, we also get to hear their music, and have our house vibrate-and we're rural. Thankfully it doesn't phase my dogs in the least; cats aren't so happy, but my horse is less than pleased. She gets a bit jumpy with the noise, but when they start exploding above her head she really gets stressed-especially when they come from more than one direction.

Hi, it's remarkably quiet here. Thank God. I love your avatar. Do you sell the dog purses? They are darling. Thanks.patti :mrgreen:

countrycottage 07-04-2011 08:12 PM

They banned fireworks here because of the danger of fire. Everything is so very dry. They did go have a public fireworks display at Buckeye Stadium, done by professionals.