Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: When Will It End?

I've been in the laundry room with my two fur kids since about 8:15. Just came out to see if it's safe for them to come out. It's not. It sounds like what I imagine Iraq or Afghanistan sounds like - a war zone. I suspect that we will be in there until about 2:00 AM. I'm thankful for the annoying exhaust fan. It muffles the outside sounds really good. We don't have a windows in the laundry room.

On the news earlier, they said the sales for firecrackers were down this year. The vendors might have had to put their stuff on sale in order to get rid of it since they can only sell until midnight. I fear my neighbors all bought a double dose.

Time to go back in and read to Ruby Darlin' and Sam.

Blog Entries
    My poor puppies (see avatar) are beside themselves. The one on the right became a stray on 4th of July 7 years ago and wound up at the local shelter. Fortunately, we were able to adopt him but he certainly does not like the booms!!!

My 3 cats are hiding under the bed!!!

Blog Entries
    LOL I totally agree my cat is just having a fit. I am tired of it to. A little bit goes a long ways. They are still at it here and will be far past midnight I am sure.

I am happy when the 4th is over.

8:43 here, just started in on it...

This is the second day of our neighbors' celebration. As a bonus, we also get to hear their music, and have our house vibrate-and we're rural. Thankfully it doesn't phase my dogs in the least; cats aren't so happy, but my horse is less than pleased. She gets a bit jumpy with the noise, but when they start exploding above her head she really gets stressed-especially when they come from more than one direction.

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Can you put a radio on in the laundry room for the fur babies to distract them from the noise outside? I am so glad we live about 5 miles out of town so don't hear any of the noise. I can see the fireworks lighting up the sky sometimes but don't have to hear any of the noise. We don't have any fur babies anymore. I hope y'all have a good evening..crafty_linda_b

We live outsdie the city limits and that's the problem - there are no restrictions here.

It really bugs me, too, when I read CraigsList and see all the dogs and cats 'lost'. The ads say 'when we got home Bubba was gone. He probably got scared by the fireworks'. Give me a break. Don't you know when your dog is gun-shy. Don't leave him in the yard when you know there will be firecrackers. It's the same every year. --- I'm through ranting, now.

Quote Originally Posted by dogpursemaker
    This is the second day of our neighbors' celebration. As a bonus, we also get to hear their music, and have our house vibrate-and we're rural. Thankfully it doesn't phase my dogs in the least; cats aren't so happy, but my horse is less than pleased. She gets a bit jumpy with the noise, but when they start exploding above her head she really gets stressed-especially when they come from more than one direction.
    Hi, it's remarkably quiet here. Thank God. I love your avatar. Do you sell the dog purses? They are darling. Thanks.patti :mrgreen:

They banned fireworks here because of the danger of fire. Everything is so very dry. They did go have a public fireworks display at Buckeye Stadium, done by professionals.

Blog Entries
    I had firecrackers yesterday! We have had them all day today and probably until the end of the week! I'm sick sick sick of them! The cats aren't bothered but my son has seizures and those close ones get him started... :twisted:

It's 11:17 p.m. here and the neighbors are still at it with the fireworks. Sometimes it sounds like they are in my front yard. They started firing them off Friday night and still have a few left I guess. I'll be glad when they finish.

Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    We live outsdie the city limits and that's the problem - there are no restrictions here.
    Well, we live in the city limits, fireworks are completely illegal and we still have a issues. Our problems begin in June. The first year we lived here (and almost every year since) we have called the police. They don't do anything.

On the 4th of July I can be a tiny bit forgiving. However, not before and not after. When we moved here we had one German Shepherd. Beautiful dog - perfect temperment. She was totally ruined by the mortars. And we came from a place where fireworks were legal. They didn't bother her but the 'bombs' totally did. She passed on and we have another one now - she can not tolerate the fireworks at all. I also have a 3 year old who can not sleep during all of the noise.

It is 12:18 am here and still going on, though not directly on my street, thankfully. I just feel so bad for the animals. It is not fair to them.

Fireworks were totally banned in Harris County (Houston and surrounding area) due to the burn ban and water rationing. My DH and I usually sell them, so glad we decided mid-June that we weren't going this year. And, our woosie pit bulls hate the noise also.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday sis Dawn and I went with our Doberman Emily to a convenience store to get some fountain soda and someone set off a firework two car stalls over. Scared the crap outta Emily! NOW the noise bothers her!

Even the little sparklers are banned around here. . . Has been for years, due to the DRY conditions we have every summer.

Our cat is running thru the house and hiding under the bed everytime she hears a "bang"! Silly thing!
    I imagine it does irritate their ears.

This is the third day of noise around here. Interesting too is that fire works are illeagal in this town. My big boys (Standard Poodles) take it in stride but the cats are beside themselves.
    What ever happened to obeing the laws and common curties?

Well its a bit before 11pm here, and supposedly its illegal to shoot them off in our city, but I still hear them, my puppy is hiding under my desk.

With all the fires that we have had you would think these people would have more sense. Guess not.

Lots of firecrackers here and those cherry bombs. I know I heard some gun shots a few minutes ago, I still have to empty the garbage and I'm almost afraid to.

Blog Entries
    I don't mind the fireworks, I just wish the neighbors would limit them to the 4th. And is it just me, or is it always adult men that revert to 14-year-olds and go crazy?

I love firecrackers we did not have any this year and we are lucky our funny little furbaby isnt afraid of anything I think thats because he was a NY street dog before we rescued him but I do feel for the poor babies who get scared and their parents

I use to be an ACO (animal control officer) and I can tell you the 4th of July is the worst. Do your pets a favor and if they are able go to your local vet and get a tranqulizer for them. I do this for mine every year and have done it since they were little. They sleep right threw it.

This year was the worst for fireworks in my neighborhood. There have always been some but this year it was everywhere and lots and lots. I can't imagine how much money these people spent. And there is at least one group who has been shooting off some every night for a week. I' just hoping they don't have any left, it scares the dog and he sits in my lap and shivers. Makes it very difficult to sew or surf the net.

Blog Entries
    I feel so sorry for the poor animals during this time they really need a law they can be used only 2 hours 10 PM to midnight then people would know what to expect and live with it July is my most disliked month as one has to be very very careful with pets I know of horses cut up because it scared them through a fence

My 3 furbaby's are not happy with fireworks but are okay as long as were home all three snuggle on my lap, but glad when there over.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast