Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where is candlequilter??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-candlequilter-t174982.html)

fayza 01-10-2012 05:37 AM

I would also like to know where candlequilter has gone???? She has my row robin quilt top that was suppose to have been mailed on Oct. 15 and still no sign of it :( Everybody else in my group (Group 5) received their tops, it is so disappointing. I hope all is well with candlequilter, I'm afraid there might be more wrong than not being able to figure out the "new board"

QuiltE 01-10-2012 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by fayza (Post 4860542)
I would also like to know where candlequilter has gone???? She has my row robin quilt top that was suppose to have been mailed on Oct. 15 and still no sign of it :( Everybody else in my group (Group 5) received their tops, it is so disappointing. I hope all is well with candlequilter, I'm afraid there might be more wrong than not being able to figure out the "new board"

Oh dear ... that's certainly more than disappointing.
Let's hope that this thread "finds" her and that your RR gets sent back to you, finished or not.

spartan quilter 01-10-2012 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready (Post 4860025)
Isn't "mid-November" about the time the layout of the forum changed? I think several people may have dropped off around that time or shortly after. I know that personally I had a horrible time trying to adjust and still haven't been able to figure all of this one out.

I know that I don't even think about book marking anything anymore, because I haven't figured that out. If I see something that I like, I copy and paste it to an open word document and print it off. I also do not use the main pages, I go straight to the archives, so I can see the newest posts. It has been a challenge, and I know that I don't spend as much time here, either. So sad, because it is a great board, but the change has been hurtful to most everyone.

suebee 01-10-2012 08:57 AM

I Agree...I hope everything is ok with her.. It really is too bad that my post here has turned into WAR against the QB. We all know that alot of you dont like the new board, but thats not what my post is about. Thanks

Originally Posted by fayza (Post 4860542)

fayza 01-10-2012 09:00 AM

I know the change to the quilting board has been a disadvantage to most of us but as far as candlequilter, I think there must be more going on than this. She knew our maildate for our RR was Oct. 15. Mailing my quilt top has nothing to do with the changes on the board. I hope her health and her family's health is ok. I can't help but think something major might have happened in her life?????????

kamaiarigby 01-10-2012 11:06 AM

I also would like to hear from candlequilter,I paid for (with fabric) for the pattern of her candlestar pp pattern but never received it, I really liked this pattern. I even sent her a email through her candle making business but still no reply, very dissappointing

CircleSquare 01-10-2012 11:07 AM

I had several PM's from and to candlequilter on the old forum. Were all of our old PM's deleted when the change happened? Were they archived somewhere?

feline fanatic 01-10-2012 12:09 PM

http://www.candlequilter.com

This address appears in her signature line of all her posts. Last post 11/19. Perhaps you could reach her through her website.

Yooper32 01-10-2012 02:25 PM

Did I really read the word, "several"? That is an understatement for a fact.

kathdavis 01-10-2012 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnye (Post 4860510)
I was wondering the same thing. I almost gave up myself and find that I don't stay on as long as I used to or read as much as I used to do.

I'm definitely not as happy being on board as I was. I save a thread and don't know how to retrieve. I haven't dare tried to create a post. I'm a teacher and I'm on the computer all day designing lessons, but I shouldn't have to work so hard when I'm chilling out on the board.