Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where is candlequilter???

Where is candlequilter???

I havent seen Candlequilter here for a while. CANDLEQUILTER WHERE ARE YOU??? Whatever became of the beautiful PP Stars we all sent. Just got to thinking of this again. Anyone????
    SUEB

Blog Entries
    she has not posted since mid November
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

GMTA ... I was thinking much the same on the weekend.
    Sure would be nice to see the quilts that many of us made and donated blocks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

What is GMTA?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    GMTA ... I was thinking much the same on the weekend.
    Sure would be nice to see the quilts that many of us made and donated blocks.
    SUEB

Quote Originally Posted by suebee View Post
    What is GMTA?
    GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike!

Ummmm, silly me, LOL I couldnt figure it out. The company I work with is all about acronyms...perhaps my mind isnt great! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike!
    SUEB

Ummmm, silly me, LOL I couldnt figure it out. The company I work with is all about acronyms...perhaps my mind isnt great! Thank you

ha! ... sometimes alphabet soup is just a little too much!

Isn't "mid-November" about the time the layout of the forum changed? I think several people may have dropped off around that time or shortly after. I know that personally I had a horrible time trying to adjust and still haven't been able to figure all of this one out.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready View Post
    Isn't "mid-November" about the time the layout of the forum changed? I think several people may have dropped off around that time or shortly after. I know that personally I had a horrible time trying to adjust and still haven't been able to figure all of this one out.
    Same here. I still come here and read and sometimes reply, but I still haven't been able to figure out a lot of stuff. I also think that the frustration has brought out the worst in some of us (including ME). One thread on today's edition was really brutal to a member who was only asking a favor. I'm one of those who is not computer-bright and I do what I can. I do miss a lot of the "older" members. I'm going to stick with it and learn what I can while here.
    One step at a time, always forward.

I was wondering the same thing. I almost gave up myself and find that I don't stay on as long as I used to or read as much as I used to do.

I would also like to know where candlequilter has gone???? She has my row robin quilt top that was suppose to have been mailed on Oct. 15 and still no sign of it Everybody else in my group (Group 5) received their tops, it is so disappointing. I hope all is well with candlequilter, I'm afraid there might be more wrong than not being able to figure out the "new board"
    Angela

Quote Originally Posted by fayza View Post
    I would also like to know where candlequilter has gone???? She has my row robin quilt top that was suppose to have been mailed on Oct. 15 and still no sign of it Everybody else in my group (Group 5) received their tops, it is so disappointing. I hope all is well with candlequilter, I'm afraid there might be more wrong than not being able to figure out the "new board"
    Oh dear ... that's certainly more than disappointing.
    Let's hope that this thread "finds" her and that your RR gets sent back to you, finished or not.

I know that I don't even think about book marking anything anymore, because I haven't figured that out. If I see something that I like, I copy and paste it to an open word document and print it off. I also do not use the main pages, I go straight to the archives, so I can see the newest posts. It has been a challenge, and I know that I don't spend as much time here, either. So sad, because it is a great board, but the change has been hurtful to most everyone.

A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

I Agree...I hope everything is ok with her.. It really is too bad that my post here has turned into WAR against the QB. We all know that alot of you dont like the new board, but thats not what my post is about. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fayza View Post
    SUEB

I know the change to the quilting board has been a disadvantage to most of us but as far as candlequilter, I think there must be more going on than this. She knew our maildate for our RR was Oct. 15. Mailing my quilt top has nothing to do with the changes on the board. I hope her health and her family's health is ok. I can't help but think something major might have happened in her life?????????
    Angela

Blog Entries
    I also would like to hear from candlequilter,I paid for (with fabric) for the pattern of her candlestar pp pattern but never received it, I really liked this pattern. I even sent her a email through her candle making business but still no reply, very dissappointing

I had several PM's from and to candlequilter on the old forum. Were all of our old PM's deleted when the change happened? Were they archived somewhere?

http://www.candlequilter.com

This address appears in her signature line of all her posts. Last post 11/19. Perhaps you could reach her through her website.

Did I really read the word, "several"? That is an understatement for a fact.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnye View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I almost gave up myself and find that I don't stay on as long as I used to or read as much as I used to do.
    I'm definitely not as happy being on board as I was. I save a thread and don't know how to retrieve. I haven't dare tried to create a post. I'm a teacher and I'm on the computer all day designing lessons, but I shouldn't have to work so hard when I'm chilling out on the board.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Miss her also. Hope we hear from her soon!

Good idea. I just sent her an email, hopefully she will be able to write back.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    http://www.candlequilter.com

This address appears in her signature line of all her posts. Last post 11/19. Perhaps you could reach her through her website.
    SUEB

Good idea. I just sent her an email, hopefully she will be able to write back.
    I sent her an email two days ago, to tell her about this thread and people were concerned about her MIA ... so far, no response here or via email.

I too was just wondering about all of the block we sent in ! Hope she is OK.

I had wondered the same thing. I did follow through with the deal we made and I too miss seeing the beautiful blocks that ppl were making.
    Maybe she is busy sewing them all together
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast