Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where does your household water supply come from? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-does-your-household-water-supply-come-t102133.html)

samifel 02-22-2011 03:48 PM

I have a well with the sweetest water.

quiltlonger 02-22-2011 03:51 PM

Artisan spring water, ICE cold all year :)

leatheflea 02-22-2011 03:52 PM

Glad you fixed the problem, your story tickled me. We have a well, full of sulfar if we dont keep salt in the softner it turns the shower rusty, and my hair. We have corn fields all around us so I try not to drink the water.

pocoellie 02-22-2011 04:02 PM

Well water here.

Sandee 02-22-2011 04:03 PM

We have city water. Outside Chicago, Il. It costs us about $55 a month for 3 people. We have "great" water. so they say, & yet we have an extra filter to remove rust. It helps but isn't 100%. There are good & bad about both. When my DD lived in Indiana, she had well water & just like leatheflea, lots of rust from well and they bought bottled water to drink. I've never had spring water but some homes we looked at online had them & we always wondered about them. Glad you were able to fix problem yourself!

Maura 02-22-2011 04:09 PM

We have a deep well. There is lime in it and a little iron, but I like it. When we lived in town, the town well water had flouride in it naturally.

carhop 02-22-2011 04:15 PM

your lucky i just had to pay to get my water line fixed i had a geologist here on the 4th and he was testing my soil he nicked my water line they are looking to see if the crack is movement of sand or a sink hole starting hoping for the ground moving

mommaB 02-22-2011 04:20 PM

I have city water now..and I filter the chlorine out before I drink it. I won't drink water out of plastic bottles, I'm a little fearful of what's leaching out of the cheap plastic. I grew up on well water with no rust or sulfur..DELICIOUS. But I had pretty bad well water at my 1st house with prefilters and water softner. Anyone who thinks well water if free..HA! Pump and line repair/replacement, salt for the softner, heck, the softner itself, filters, electric to run the whole mess, its no cheaper than city. And more than once we had no water in drought conditions. So, I guess its 6 of one, half dozen of the other :lol:

pookie ookie 02-22-2011 04:32 PM

Same story as many folks. Politicians keep messing with the water. Cutting it off, rerouting, adding things to it. Trying to kill agriculture. Pretending to save creatures. Unconscionable people.

Shelbie 02-22-2011 04:41 PM

We have beautiful ice cold water from a deep drilled well, 143 feet down into the bedrock. Right now we have had an investment group from the USA buy up over 7000 acres of farmland with the hope of starting a limestone quarry 240 feet deep. We are furious as our area is the headwaters for 4 major rivers which provide water for much of southern Ontario and we feel it will be compromised to say nothing of our great agricultural land. We wish our new American investors would invest at home and dig their quarries there!