Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where does your household water supply come from? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-does-your-household-water-supply-come-t102133.html)

Mimito2 02-22-2011 02:58 PM

We live out in the country and are blessed with having a spring on our property. We decided not to go with "city" water and instead pipe our water from the spring. For the last couple weeks our water had been cloudy so today Landon and I took a trip down to the "lagoon" to see what the problem was. The huge rock that had been holding our waterline down was now under it and the end spout was lying on the bottom in the mud, so I go traipsing around in the water, in my DH big waders, to find big rocks to put it back into place. Took about half an hour to find enough loose big rocks and would have taken about 10 minutes if Landon had not kept trying to sneak into the water to. You should have seen me watching for snakes (like they are out this time of year), watching him and holding on to my hoe for dear life.
When I finally got the last rock on and climbed out Landon gave out a war cry, started dancing and yelling "We did it." I think he has watched to much Dora. It is nice to turn on the facet and the water is clear not mud colored. Even nicer that it does not have chemicals in it. BTW DH slept thru the whole thing. "We did it" :)
I realize a lot of us don't have a choice but which would you prefer?

Jim's Gem 02-22-2011 03:01 PM

We have no choice but to be on the city water supply. We are smack in the middle of a nice little city.

donnajean 02-22-2011 03:02 PM

Your spring water probably tastes better than our city water that I filter, but are the kids getting flouride for their teeth. My cousins grew up on a farm with total spring water & have terrible teeth problems.

Kimkankwilt 02-22-2011 03:03 PM

When we lived out in Acton, we had a ranch with well water, which was superior to the city water. But we had to watch and test the water for nitrates. I liked the taste and the price was right ($0.00). But, when the pipes froze, no water.

earlylace 02-22-2011 03:05 PM

city water, but we live in the country, had no choice a landfill contaminated our water, wells were caped, city water was piped in.

sally's girl 02-22-2011 03:07 PM

We live in country so we have our own well.....we do have water softner and use filter infrig for drinking

suezquilts 02-22-2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by sally's girl
We live in country so we have our own well.....we do have water softner and use filter infrig for drinking

exactlly~we had to redo are well 10 yrs ago. Lots of $

yetta 02-22-2011 03:10 PM

we have a well,we also have a water softener, and filtered reig water...

Ramona Byrd 02-22-2011 03:10 PM

HAVE city water but would prefer water rushing down unoccupied mountains. From what I read, a large percent of bottled water comes straight from city water, but friends who travel claim that Perrier is best and cleanest. Can't afford much of that, but do enjoy a bottle of it in a restaurant. Wish I could get THAT gushing from my water pipes....

annyroony2 02-22-2011 03:40 PM

we have a well.