Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who else is dealing with this extreme heat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-else-dealing-extreme-heat-t57647.html)

Jim's Gem 08-05-2010 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by tryitall
I guess that it is hot, hot, hot, just about everywhere! We have been having a heat index around 110 for about 2 weeks. Am sooooooo ready for winter. I am a winter person anyway, so this is getting toooo meeeee!

It's hot everywhere except the West coast. We are having one of our coolest summers ever too.

carolejw 08-05-2010 11:23 AM

I don't feel so bad now it sounds like everyone across the US are getting cooked this summer. I am so happy it's mid 70's today with a great cool breeze. I prefer winter over this awful heat - but I don't like the ice.

Nanjun 08-05-2010 12:53 PM

Heat is unbearable here in Louisiana

Debra Mc 08-05-2010 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Ohmigosh this heat is crazy!!!!! It's 97 with a heat index of 112 derees. I need to go to town but it's too hot. Ppl around here are not used to this kind of weather. All it does is remind me of Cali heat.

I ran across the driveway barefooted yesterday for a brief second. Dang near fried my feet off. It is averaging 98 to 100. Index 110. Humid too.

Lyn 08-05-2010 01:15 PM

This weekend was great but the heat moved in again. I have river birch in my yard which are stressing with lack of water (we are on water rationing)so I got tree gators. They are plastic bladders that hold about 5 gallons of water and release the water slowly around the roots. I will be so happy for fall and winter.

cjomomma 08-05-2010 01:17 PM

It is so hot that the birds are coming up to my back door trying to cool off. They never come on my porch so I put a bowl out with some ice water for them.

Friendly Quilter 08-05-2010 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Ohmigosh this heat is crazy!!!!! It's 97 with a heat index of 112 derees. I need to go to town but it's too hot. Ppl around here are not used to this kind of weather. All it does is remind me of Cali heat.

In the Ozark of Missouri, and it it the hostes summthey day in about 30 years. I am CA. and ony been hee for 7 years, but it is so hot. We did get some rain today so the will help the yard and gardens.

Dianne10 08-05-2010 03:13 PM

:oops: i am in central florida and our heat is out of sight.
the heat index is from 109 to 115. can't stand it so i stay
in the airconditioned house. but even that is hot at times.
just think in a couple of months it will be a lot cooler.
hang in there.

BellaBoo 08-05-2010 03:27 PM

It was 117º in my car today! It's also humid so it's misery. I stay inside with the AC or in the car with the AC or in the stores with the AC. I grew up without air conditioning and vowed I would never live like that again.

misoop 08-05-2010 03:32 PM

Here in NE Arkansas...over 101 degrees now for over two weeks with heat index of 118, etc. More next week....no rain either. I am sooooo ready for winter.....I won't complain!!