Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   who knew??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-knew-t204625.html)

Diannia 10-30-2012 07:45 AM

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that has had cats with cases of "mistaken identity"! I had a long haired grey/white stray show up and was told it was not only a girl but PG too! I named her an appropriate girl name. Several weeks later while petting her I found what I thought was a lump on her leg. Called my neighbor over (that was a vet tech and who'd said it was a girl) and showed her the lump...you guess it...her name quickly was changed to MR. FISTER...

nivosum 10-30-2012 08:00 AM

YouTube has a video that shows how you can tell a male from a female cat. The hole under the tail (not the poop hole) is round for a male and a slit shape for a female.

joyce blint 10-30-2012 08:47 AM

Too funny. We had 3 yellow kittens born Palm Sunday. My GS named them Zeke, Bubba, and Daisy Mae. As they got older we realized they are all tom cats. Daisy knows his name by now, so we haven't changed it.

dglvr 10-30-2012 08:56 AM

Ahhhh well they have a loving home. Thats what counts. Pretty funny though. :)

Jingle 10-30-2012 09:00 AM

Cats and dogs don't care what their names are as long as they get good care and rubs. Only one of my last three cats has sex gender names, He is Herbie.

judys 10-30-2012 09:13 AM

My friend had a tom cat named Emily. I asked her why and she said he just looked like an Emily. Whatever!
My sister picked out the name Rufus for her dog before she picked out the dog. Rufus became Rufus Ann.

Chasing Hawk 10-30-2012 09:54 AM

Several years ago a fluffy stray cat decided our house was the right one. I "checked" the family jewels, so I named "him" Clyde". Well a few weeks later Clyde started doing the hoochie dance in front of Moose and Brouncer. We scooped up Clyde and off to the vet!! The name stuck, she still looked like a Clyde.

My youngest daughter had a little black cat. She named her Scully (after the X-files chick). She bought her a pink diamond collar. Well when Scully was about a year old, I noticed a new set of "attachments" in her nether regions.
We laughed about it, and for awhile we called Scully, "the cat in drag".......LOL

sewnsewer2 10-30-2012 04:45 PM

Thanks everyone, now I don't feel as stupid for not knowing earlier. :D

Nativetexan & susansomethings, your cats are beautiful and do look a little alike!

lovelyl 10-31-2012 04:40 AM

I have a small cat rescue. Most of my cats are feral so I can't get close to them. I ended up naming a cat Larry that turned out to be a girl! I have 3 feral kittens currently that I need to trap and have fixed. I think one is a male, but not sure. It is so hard to catch a feral cat to have them fixed. They always seem to know a trap when they see one, even though I let it set out near them for several days before I "activate" it. They play in it until it is set up as a trap - go figure! My rescue is at maximum at 12 cats now, so I can't risk thinking any cat is a male and not having it fixed! I can barely afford to feed them all, now!

katybob 10-31-2012 06:11 AM

That's why my Katy became Katybob! I was assured he was a she when he was a tiny ball of fur and I didn't check til he went to the vet for his baby shots. That's him in my avatar. He's 19 now and not doing very well, so my vet is keeping a close eye on him.