Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   who remember clotheslines? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-remember-clotheslines-t19913.html)

Izy 05-11-2009 12:36 PM

K I have one I made nearly the same, wouldn't be without it OR my mini twirler which holds about 2 dozen 'smalls' I hook em all on indoors then hang in on the line, saves pegs and takes up no room on the line either :D

Rhonda 05-11-2009 01:43 PM

I have seen one made by the mennonites here that looks like a little girls dress. Where the apron begins is where you put the pins in so it looks like the pins are in her apron.
Next time I go down to the Dutchman's store Iwill take a picture so you can see it. They are really cute!

BDor 05-11-2009 01:48 PM

I have had a clothesline for years. Wouldn't be without one. Only use
my dryer when I have too.

Vickymomof6 05-11-2009 01:50 PM

I use my clothes line all the time! I did three loads today with towels waiting for tomorrow!

In the winter we use a dryer rack in front of our coal stove. I fact I just got a new one! It will hold about twice the size load my old one held. Yes, I'm about the only one in the neighbor hood with a clothes line, it was the first thing we put up when we moved here :-)

Vicky

Up North 05-11-2009 02:00 PM

I was noticing today as I drove home from work just how many people had cloths hanging out on their lines today, There were a lot! I was driving out in the country and it seemed almost every other house had clothslines and cloths hanging out.It is good to see!

zyxquilts 05-11-2009 03:00 PM

When my sister moved to Australia in the early 1990's, their first house was brand-spankin'-new....and had a brand-spankin'-new clothesline out back! :D

butterflywing 05-11-2009 05:30 PM

k - i had one very similar to that for so long it actually rotted from not being brought in.

izy - hook them all to each other in one long chain, hang them outside and drive your neighbors nuts trying to figure out what you look like nekkid. ROFLMAO!

k3n 05-11-2009 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
K I have one I made nearly the same, wouldn't be without it OR my mini twirler which holds about 2 dozen 'smalls' I hook em all on indoors then hang in on the line, saves pegs and takes up no room on the line either :D

I've got one of those too - i use it for socks. Socks drive me mad and I'll be glad when we start wearing sandals - with 4 of us, that's 56 socks per week! :(

K x

k3n 05-11-2009 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
k - i had one very similar to that for so long it actually rotted from not being brought in.

izy - hook them all to each other in one long chain, hang them outside and drive your neighbors nuts trying to figure out what you look like nekkid. ROFLMAO!

Mine hangs on the twirly thing, under an overhang of the barn roof so stays dry, but I bring it in in winter!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Chain knickers - is that like chain letters!

K x

tlrnhi 05-12-2009 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by Izy

I've got one of those too - i use it for socks. Socks drive me mad and I'll be glad when we start wearing sandals - with 4 of us, that's 56 socks per week! :(

K x

SOCKS?? EWW!!! I'm going to hate it when I have to start wearing shoes!!!