Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who remembers S&H green stamps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-remembers-s-h-green-stamps-t131526.html)

ajohn52 06-19-2011 07:44 AM

Yes, I remember S&H, Gold Bond and Top Value stamps too. I got my first Brownie camera with S & H. I still have it. Also got cereal bowls that I gave my daughter. Got those when I was first married. Got lots of things with those stamps. Wish they still had those today so the young people could get the necessities they need to set up housekeeping.

mamawants2bthin 06-19-2011 07:46 AM

My mom saved those. I still remember going to the S&H Green Stamp Store to cash them in. I remember EXACTLY where it was located and what it looked like. When we came home from grocery shopping the stamps got licked(gross) and put right into the little book. Then the book got tucked back into a SPECIAL kitchen draw.

Thanks for the memories!!!!!!!

Quiltbeagle 06-19-2011 07:52 AM

I remember S & H Green Stamps as well as Plaid Stamps very well. My mother got me a Fisher-Price pull-along dog and pull-along phone from Plaid Stamps when I was about 3 or 4 and I had them for years! Thanks for the quick trip down my memory lane, now I feel really, really, old, lol.

BeckyL 06-19-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
I remember S & H Green Stamps as well as Plaid Stamps very well. My mother got me a Fisher-Price pull-along dog and pull-along phone from Plaid Stamps when I was about 3 or 4 and I had them for years! Thanks for the quick trip down my memory lane, now I feel really, really, old, lol.

Love your avatar. Can you post a larger picture and tell us a little about it?

mac3rday 06-19-2011 07:55 AM

I remember Green Stamps.....Still have a dry patch on my tongue from helping my Mom lick those little patches of green! I still have the Teddy Bear with the open and close eyes I got from them. Guess that was payment for doin' the lickin'!
Anybody remember the coupons off Belair cigarettes??? Got some great camping gear with the ones my Grandad left me.

smagruder 06-19-2011 07:56 AM

Add me in on remembering Green Stamps... gee, takes you back to happier days.

jbj137 06-19-2011 08:03 AM

Me, and the Yellow (Top Value) stamps too. J J

BeckyL 06-19-2011 08:05 AM

I also remember the Watkins man making door-to-door deliveries of flavorings and other household/cooking products. That may have been regional. He came to my DGM in North Carolina.

moonwork42029 06-19-2011 08:10 AM

My step dad sold mobile homes in the 60's. One time his "bonus" for selling an air conditioner with the trailer was green stamps. Boy we received a manilla envelope in the mail with HUGE sheets of stamps. We carefully torn them apart into the correct number for each page and took them into the store thinking we had a gold mine.

They wouldn't take them unless they were glued into a book so they gave us a case of the empty books and told us to come back when they were all glued in. ARRGGHHHH I remember it taking weeks to get them all in the books. When we went back in the sales person went through EVERY page of EVERY book to be sure we hadn't skipped any.

We got a new set of lawn furniture with that batch of them and many other things over that special promotion. Blahhhh now I taste them on my tongue..blah blah blah.... lol

crafty116 06-19-2011 08:22 AM

i still have books of s&h stamps