Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who Are You? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-you-t1871.html)

lisae 02-19-2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
lisae:
Hanging off the side of that rock would scare me to DEATH! I'm sure you enjoy it immensely but that activity isn't and never will be for me. I have too much arthritis and I'm wayyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooo olllllllllddddd! Thanks for sharing

Feathers, I know lots of people who climb into their 60s and 70s. I am 55 and not too old to climb. I was scared of heights when I first started climbing. That fear is pretty normal and helps keep one alive. But I got used to heights and trusting my equipment.

I actually have developed bad osteoarthritits in one hip, due to an injury. I will be having a total hip replacement soon, in a month or so, I hope. I am told that hiking will not be a problem afterwards. I am not so sure about climbing, but I do know folks who have continued to climb after a hip replacement, so I think I will be able to continue climbing. Just very carefully.

lisae 02-19-2008 10:35 AM

Quilting Aggi, I love your pictures. It looks like you have been hiking in some great places!

hannahsmom 02-19-2008 12:32 PM

wow.. I think I have seen those mugs before...

Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix
Well I dug up some photos. so everyone can see ME! These were taken for my daughters Senior pictures. She wanted different and when would we ever get the chance to have the scenery again. So we found a photographer who took pictures on the beach.

We lived there 5 years, my husband has just retired last year so we are fresh of the island and living in Georgia.

hannahsmom 02-19-2008 12:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some of my family pics

My little man (Keegen).. getting too big too fast!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5630[/ATTACH]

My little girl(Hannah) just after she cut all her hair off. It was to her butt and not its all gone.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5631[/ATTACH]

my hubby and baby keegen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5632[/ATTACH]

hannahsmom 02-19-2008 12:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and I am trying to find some of myself.... here are some more pics

the kids and myself
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6712[/ATTACH]

hubby in iraq
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6745[/ATTACH]

My sister (right), myself (middle) and friend Christina (left)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9337[/ATTACH]

Quilting Aggi 02-20-2008 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by lisae
Quilting Aggi, I love your pictures. It looks like you have been hiking in some great places!

we absolutely love it!! We are anxious for the snow and cold weather to disappear so we can get back on the trails again. We did a little snow shoeing hike a few weeks ago. It was Trevor's first time on snow shoes!! he survived!!! LOL

barnbum 02-20-2008 06:11 AM

aggi--that photo with the "gem" behind you--I'd never want to leave. Just so comforting.

I read an article about noise pollution awhile back--this guy had found a few places of absolute silence in the world--but when he checked years later--several had to be crossed off his list. That's so sad to me. 4 wheelers and snowmobiles are too many places.

But it looks like you found some "silent" places.

barnbum 02-20-2008 06:12 AM

SD--ha ha ha ha--cute short story. Great ending!! But it's not the ending... :wink:

Quilting Aggi 02-20-2008 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
aggi--that photo with the "gem" behind you--I'd never want to leave. Just so comforting.

I read an article about noise pollution awhile back--this guy had found a few places of absolute silence in the world--but when he checked years later--several had to be crossed off his list. That's so sad to me. 4 wheelers and snowmobiles are too many places.

But it looks like you found some "silent" places.

Barnbum... this place is actually home to me!!! This is on the west coast of Newfoundland. We have scenery like like allll over our province. Maybe this is the reason I move away a few times but kept coming back!! I lived in three different places here in Canada, but moved back for the last time 2 years ago. I will never leave again...

barnbum 02-20-2008 06:37 AM

Maybe when I retire and my kids get settled somewhere--I'll talk hubby into hauling the horses up there and staying. I live in the country and it's too noisy for me!! I don't like how it feels. I want to be a recluse in silence. :wink:

SD--your tattoo--ouch. :shock: