Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why Do We Have To Shave Our Legs? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-do-we-have-shave-our-legs-t37604.html)

Ninnie 02-22-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
As someone else said, if you live long enough you don't have to shave. I'm almost there. I only have to shave my shins. That's about the only advantage of getting older, oh and no more underarm hair.

What about my Sister's mustache?......... :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Can I tell her that she can get rid of her Lady Norelco soon?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ditter43 02-22-2010 09:55 AM

Clothfiend is absolutely right!!! I haven't had to shave my legs in years. I never did shave them a lot anyway because the hair was blonde. I don't have to shave under my arms often either. I know some women shave other places, but let's not even go there!!

Ditter

canmitch1971 02-22-2010 10:01 AM

I am very lucky. Like my Mother, my legs are not hairy but in the winter they get very dry.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 02-22-2010 10:14 AM

I wax my legs. I used to shave, but it's so much more practical to wax, now that I'm used to it. I only go up to the knee, my hairs are blonde, so they don't show too much anyway. I used to go about every 6 weeks or so to the esthetician, but I started using the neet wax strips and they work great... except that now I can't actually reach my bikini area anymore because my big belly is in the way. I'll have to make an appointment in the next couple of weeks to go back to the esthetician for my waxing. Only costs about 30 bucks and I get a bikini and half leg. Whatever is not waxed gets shaved because I HATE body hair. I can't wax my armpits because a) I would never wait for the hair to get long enough to wax, and 2) it BLOODY HURTS!!!
Even with waxing my legs get very dry... they're just not prickly and dry, lol! I use moisturizer and it helps.

I know plenty of girls my age who don't bother to shave their legs in the winter. Maybe they would if they weren't in a relationship or were in a new relationship... A good way to avoid or quickly end a new relationship is to stop shaving
:twisted: :twisted:

QuiltingGrannie 02-22-2010 10:25 AM

Dark course hair - shave every day - 365 days - all the way - manual shaver - in the shower - with soap. Otherwise I can't sleep. Figure I'm stuck with that routine all my life.

bluebird 02-22-2010 10:32 AM

Have a DGD that shaves the hair ON her arms, is that something that the younger gals are doing? Reminds me of when they had gals shaving off their eyebrows, painted 'em on :-D

Lisanne 02-22-2010 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
What about my Sister's mustache?......... :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Can I tell her that she can get rid of her Lady Norelco soon?

LOL, no, facial hair only gets worse as you age. Chin hairs sprout...

What I want to know is, how old do you have to be before the leg and pit hair eases up? I'm 50 now.

BKinCO 02-22-2010 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I wax my legs. I used to shave, but it's so much more practical to wax, now that I'm used to it. I only go up to the knee, my hairs are blonde, so they don't show too much anyway. I used to go about every 6 weeks or so to the esthetician, but I started using the neet wax strips and they work great... except that now I can't actually reach my bikini area anymore because my big belly is in the way. I'll have to make an appointment in the next couple of weeks to go back to the esthetician for my waxing. Only costs about 30 bucks and I get a bikini and half leg. Whatever is not waxed gets shaved because I HATE body hair. I can't wax my armpits because a) I would never wait for the hair to get long enough to wax, and 2) it BLOODY HURTS!!!
Even with waxing my legs get very dry... they're just not prickly and dry, lol! I use moisturizer and it helps.

I know plenty of girls my age who don't bother to shave their legs in the winter. Maybe they would if they weren't in a relationship or were in a new relationship... A good way to avoid or quickly end a new relationship is to stop shaving
:twisted: :twisted:

I love waxing my underarms....doesn't bother me.....and is no where near the pain of some other areas :shock:

BKinCO 02-22-2010 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Dark course hair - shave every day - 365 days - all the way - manual shaver - in the shower - with soap. Otherwise I can't sleep. Figure I'm stuck with that routine all my life.

You're not alone, Grannie :) I'm right there with you!

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 02-22-2010 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by bluebird
Have a DGD that shaves the hair ON her arms, is that something that the younger gals are doing? Reminds me of when they had gals shaving off their eyebrows, painted 'em on :-D

There is a girl I work with who waxes her arms, but she's black and her hair is dark and coarse. She also waxes the fine hairs on her face because they're dark.

My best friend in high school used to pluck all her eyebrows off and draw them on in a thin line, she looked like an idiot!
We sort of hinted that it looked silly, but she just got all defensive and b!tchy with us. Then several years later, while looking at old pictures she asked us why we never told her how rediculous she looked.... uh yeah, we totally did. What I don't get is how she could look at herself in the mirror and think that it looked normal?

There are some people who have very sparse eyebrow hairs and who sort of fill in the gaps, and there are ways of drawing on or filling in eyebrows that looks more natural than a thin painted-on line, lol! Oh boy...