Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would Some Have a Chat With My Cat - Please!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-some-have-chat-my-cat-please-t65412.html)

Colbaltjars62 09-18-2010 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland
Okay, they are nocturnal in their hunting habits, I get that, but would someone please tell Buddy that jumping on the bed at 4:30 am with that lizard you were lucky enough to catch, that is still alive and kicking, is not acceptable!!!!

Even the dog is complaining since the last lizard crawled under her, while she was peacefully sleeping, to get away from the cat.

And I don't appreciate having to get up and take a squirming, obviously ticked off, lizard outside to somewhere safe.

And yes, this is a frequent occurrence. I guess I should be grateful it's only lizards???

OK BUDDY listen up!!!
Purrr Purrr Meow Meow pfist pfist.....
Purr......

amma 09-18-2010 11:17 AM

LOL what a way to be woke up :lol::lol:

Sadiemae 09-18-2010 11:20 AM

Love the picture!

Luv Quilts and Cats 09-18-2010 11:23 AM

Maybe you could try leaving your cat indoors for the night? That way, no surprises at night. You'll still get them, but during daylight hours! My cat is an indoor cat, as were the two I had before her. Just too many things out there, animal and human, that can harm a cat.

grammiepamie 09-18-2010 11:28 AM

Dear Buddy,Your mom has asked for someone to speak to you about your nocturnal escapades. You must learn that you cannot get on the bed with something alive in your mouth.This action is not proper manners for such a big boy as yourself. I recommend that you find yourself a nice out of the way place to store your tokens of affection until everyone in the house has gotten up and had their coffee first. What did you say? Oh you will do that then? Well good boy. Here let me scratch your tummy. Good boy!!!!!!!!! Mine does this kind of thing also.LOL

Ramona Byrd 09-18-2010 11:34 AM

Think of all the insects that lizards eat!

When my daughter's DH was stationed in Hawaii, since she's asthmatic, they were told to let the geckos run free in their house
instead of spraying poisons. They got used to them, but it was a downer when one would drop on the dinner table with them to check out any possible insects in their salads.

Enjoy your Geckos, tell the cats they belong and go hunting mice instead.

amandasgramma 09-18-2010 11:35 AM

Well -- if you find that "cat whisperer", send him/her my way!!! We've had chipmunks, mice, and birds brought in....it's NOT fun!

nativetexan 09-18-2010 03:02 PM

Agh, right now i can't read the posting, my cat is sitting in front of the screen!!! :shock:

KarenSimon 09-18-2010 03:13 PM

We were having trouble with our cat doing the same thing. For a week, I wouldn't let her nap in the day time. Everytime she would lay down, I'd set her up on her feet. At night she was so tired, she slept all night and didn't roam.

luv-e 09-18-2010 03:32 PM

Our cat use to bring my mother snakes!!!!!! You always had to look out BEFORE you went out the sliding glass door. I hate snakes and that is why mine stayed in. lol Reminds me of the commercial about the lady looking fro her cat @ nite and a racoon comes in the house instead of a cat. lol lol lol