Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Yet another phone spam wrinkle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/yet-another-phone-spam-wrinkle-t252642.html)

Kitsie 08-29-2014 07:38 AM

I get calls from "withheld" as the caller. Do they REALLY think I'm going to answer??

bearisgray 08-29-2014 08:26 AM

Got onetoo with our name and number on the caller id.

DonnaC 08-29-2014 09:09 AM

Oh yes, aren't those just so much fun? I get them all the time. I never answer anybody I don't know... thank goodness for caller ID.

MargeD 08-29-2014 09:47 AM

I haven't had that happen, but since we moved to our apt. nearly 5 years ago we periodically will get calls for someone we do not know. You'd think they would give up by now, but they don't. We generally let the answering machine pick up unless I recognize the number, like my Dr.'s office. We keep a land line phone because our son pays for both of our cell phones, so we don't want to abuse the privilege. I love your cat, reminds me of my Casper, but he had lighter grey, almost like horns on his forehead, when I lost him I went from having a white cat to an all black cat, but they were and are a definite stress reliever. Cute kitty.

institches33 08-29-2014 10:02 AM

I answered and there was no one there.

caspharm 08-29-2014 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom (Post 6864299)
Talk to your provider. I think that they can block numbers for you.

Actually, there is an app for that if you have a smartphone. My DH told me, but I don't know what the name is.

caspharm 08-29-2014 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by institches33 (Post 6865016)
I answered and there was no one there.

That's because it's a robocall. The best way to handle those is not to say anything and the "robot" will hang up, or you hang up.

Stitchit123 08-29-2014 10:30 AM

Have you noticed that these annoying calls seem to come in waves. For a couple months it will be car ins. then health ins. etc.. Now there's calls for home improvement -I bought a gallon of mistint paint at Lowe's and the calls started. Before that the brake lines on my car were all replaced and calls from outfits for care care ins? started. If my phone rings10 times a day 9 of them are from people trying to sell something. I love caller ID all I do now is look at the ID when its an 800# I click the phone on then off. I hate hearing a phone ring. In the time it's taken me to type this I've had 7 calls from the same # ID says auto ins. When my ins.co. calls their name is displayed.

MarleneC 08-29-2014 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6864206)
I have gotten that too. Now i get the number with the last two digits different every few days. Over and over. I do report them but some don't give up.

I've gotten pesty emails where they change part of the addy but it is for the same thing and I block them. We have some numbers blocked on our phone and we are on the no caller list but scam artists don't care about that.

tessagin 08-29-2014 10:38 AM

I got a text with a pic. I just replied" & u r?

Originally Posted by mary quilting (Post 6864242)
I get some one that dos not speak English that sends me 2-4 pics on my cell phone every day :mad:
I don't Know them I don't open them. I am thinking about changing my number.