Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are your pair sacred? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/your-pair-sacred-t282597.html)

miriam 09-29-2016 06:20 PM

Are your pair sacred?

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559263[/ATTACH]
I bet there is a story. My end of the story is:
I bought a sewing machine in a very nice table today.
I discovered a secret compartment in the table. Those big Fiscars and another identical pair were packed inside along with some other goodies. I just had to share my giggle. They seem a bit large for the job, too.

SherylM 09-29-2016 07:03 PM

Lol! That's pretty gross...I wouldn't even want to see the toe nails that would require those scissors to cut them! :p

Or maybe it was just her way to keep people from using her scissors.

Jan in VA 09-29-2016 07:07 PM

Good one!!:D

cathyvv 09-29-2016 07:34 PM

But they apparently did the job.

Yes, my scissors are sacred and not to be touched by the Man of my Dreams. I bought him his own pair to use for all his projects that dull or scar scissors.

cashs_mom 09-29-2016 08:07 PM

One of the first things I told my husband when we got married was "these are sewing scissors. They aren't used for ANYTHING else. Ever." lol

miriam 09-30-2016 03:20 AM

Hmm maybe she hung them on the front door & marked toenails for her quilt guild to see his shame. Then, maybe he built that secret compartment in her sewing machine table and hid them. Or was it the other way around? They don't look like a murder weapon... No blood dried on them that I can see. Did he have to buy her that second identical pair after he borrowed them?

Maybe she marked those "toenail" so she could take them with her and never worry about anybody borrowing them. I wonder if she sanitized them? EEEEWWWWwWwWw

ctyankee 09-30-2016 03:27 AM

My sewing scissors are sacred, too. Hubby knows there are 3 pairs of scissors in the house that he can use for whatever he wants -- but not my sewing scissors! And the kids never went near scissors without asking.

SherylM 09-30-2016 05:20 AM

I inherited my mom's Wiss knife-edge scissors when she died about 36 years ago. I was making a corduroy jumper for my daughter and couldn't figure out why they were "chewing" on the fabric.

When I said, "What's wrong with these things?" my then-husband (who became my EX-husband) said, "They were fine when I used them to cut solder the other day." 😲 😣

I almost turned them into a murder weapon! My children all grew up knowing that you don't touch mom's sewing scissors and my now and forever husband got schooled pretty quickly too!

ljptexas 09-30-2016 05:57 AM

Yes, mam! When my DGKs were small, I wrote "paper" & "fabric" on my scissors. They learned!! Used permanent marker & its still on today ....
Saw the cutest pic - scissors had pad lock on it....

Onebyone 09-30-2016 07:52 AM

I would toss those. Nail clips and scissors are made for this need, not regular scissors. I never had the problem of anyone using my sewing scissors. I buy the same scissors for household use. No one bothers to find mine, they have the same ones in the kitchen drawer. No one wants to use less then great scissors.