Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: problem keyboards, my solution

problem keyboards, my solution

There have been hundreds of threads on worn off keys, missing keys, sticky keys etc. I don't know which one to respond to so will make a fresh one.

After being told at three different places my computer is too old to make it worth while to replace its keyboard...
    I Like my laptop!

I got this at Staples, it was on sale for about 30 dollars I think.
    No number pad...I never use the number pad and eliminating that makes a really compact result.

It can be hooked to three different items.
    It is wireless.
    The round yellow knob on the left, it is dialed to 1, and works my laptop.
    I can dial it to 2 and use it for my phone
    I can dial it to 3 and use it for my ipad.

and that yellow slot will hold the phone or pad.
    I love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm so far behind when it comes to techie things but that substitute keyboard looks great. I thought you were going to say you somehow "revised" your old board by taping letters on the keys (or something like that...)

Blog Entries
    I had a lighted keyboard and loved it. when i moved my son couldn't get it to work again so went to the original one that came with computer. hate it but it's OK. the N is gone though.

What a clever gadget.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the idea.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

That is the best idea! Love that you can use it for phones too. I don't like typing on those little bitty screens. Wild things come out of the voice options too. LOL.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Interesting! I'm so electronically challenged! Kids laugh because I have issues figuring out smart tv's and putting a movie in for grands!!

Blog Entries
    Name:  6F3B4083-C0BC-43A1-8A5C-EB3B8F858D58.jpeg
Views: 573
Size:  705.2 KBI have a Logitech cover for my iPad. (Because I drop things a lot!) Yours seems to be more multifuncitonal, and that 's a great price. We've had several covers for this iPad, because I either wear them out or drop them. At least the iPad doesn't get trashed! I use the iPad way more than our computer, because the iPad is way more portable. Love the Logitech line. You got a great deal, Kalama!
    Edited to add: I don't know why the photo is so large. My apologies. Ouch!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

osewme, I did the glue thing a number of times, not worth the time it takes to try it.

To make sure I knew what I had to do, I went online and looked for the "sync instructions for logitech K480" or something very close to that.
    Pretty straightforward. Hey, there is a youtube for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-jJiyt2JpY

I, too, am not a techie! I do not own a smart phone, a lap-top, etc. My old flip phone is all I need, so thanx but no thanx.

Thanks, will check it out

My son was here a while back and was busy setting up a file on my computer. Had to laugh when he asked where the "E" key was....told him where it's always been, it's just worn off. I should get some craft paint and a toothpick and paint it back on...LOL. Just noticed that the N is wearing off also.

Blog Entries
    After wearing the letters off my first keyboard on my iMac, I learned to put a thin layer of clear nail polish over the letters, to make them last longer. I use the same thing, (clear nail polish) on my pill container too since the letters are only printed on now. Use what works for you, just be real careful not to drip at all, because you do not want your keys stuck in place.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.