Professional De-Stasher

Old 11-01-2019, 03:56 AM

Hello, my name is Linda and I'm addicted to fabric. I have a small sewing room, maybe 10' x 12'. I realize people are still sewing on kitchen tables and that I'm lucky to have a sewing room. Lately I've been on a buying spree again. Mostly off of some of the Facebook sites. I know I have too much fabric and will never use it all. So sometimes I become a seller on Facebook of patterns, books, and fabric. Although making charity quilts is what I like to do, when I have this much fabric built up it also makes me feel guilty that I'm not sewing fast enough. Selling allows me to feel like I can breathe again.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:26 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
So often I see that people should "donate, donate, donate". That's fine, but people don't tell stamp collectors or model train enthusiasts to "donate, donate, donate". Why should fabric collectors?
Amen! Thank you.

Jan in VA
Old 11-01-2019, 11:20 PM

I've been slowly clearing my house of everything I don't need since my husband died two years ago. I've sold some but most has been donated. As my family says, I don't need the money - not rich but definitely comfortable - and I don't need the stress of trying to sell stuff.
That said since I am moving in the spring into a small (rented) apartment - well now I have a deadline. Taking the one bedroom to get into the building then I go on a list for a two bedroom, so I have to decide if I take, store or dispose of. With the added problem of envisioning what the two bedroom might need.