Proud Mom

Old 06-12-2011, 06:28 AM

You have an amazing daughter...God Bless her!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:37 AM

Sounds like mom has raised a wonderful daughter! Be proud! Remember you wouldn't be a mom is you didn't worry. Ask me how I know.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by lmyler
Hi Deb - I am not a crying person but your sharing about Kelli brought tears to my eyes - you and Kelli will be on our prayer list - I am in a wonderful Bible Study with the most caring friends - when is it she is going? We meet on Weds. afternoons and i want to add your family. Wow - what faith and what a witness she is to those around her going through illnesses - she will be fine and so will you!! Sew, sew, sew - is good to get you mind on other things. LOL
Linda
She is going the last week in July through the first week in Aug. Her birthday is the 7th and she will still be there then. I don't have the exact dates. She just booked her flight yesterday. Her faith is total. It is who she is.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:54 AM

WOW!! You have raised a very caring and giving Daughter. Way to go MOM. You are jutified is being proud.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:05 AM

We all are proud of the children we raise to be self reliant, selfless, giving, growing and loving. So many stories of survival, overcomeing setbacks and excelling in life, and really LIVING are not heard of enough.

Kudos to your DD and all of the DDs and DSs that give us peace of mind that we too are bursting with pride.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 AM

You daughter sounds like an amazingly level headed and giving human being. You have every right to be so proud of her. I hope her mission to Cambodia is everything she wants it to be. She is a young woman who is leading by example. I bet her parents had something to do with that.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 AM

What a wonderful story, you have much to be proud of Mom!

I can't help but think some of her ideas came from you and her upbringing. Pat yourself on the back, too!

(It is so good to hear uplifting stories like this...... :P )
Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Your daughter is amazing! You have every reason to be proud, and a little worried too :wink: :D:D:D
Old 06-12-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I just want to share my daughter's story.
Her name is Kelli and she is one amazing human being. I want to be like her when I grow up.
She was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodkins lymphoma at the beginning of her senior year in college. When she called to tell us, she had found a lump, went to a Dr. had all the tests, and made a plan. She was staying in school. Even though she went through some awful chemo, she survived and graduated on the Dean's list.
The day she was finally recieved her Dr's release, she took me to lunch and told me she would be moving from our small town to NYC. She was going to teach there. She was needed. I wanted to plead or scream or tie her to a chair.
She explained that God was with her through the cancer. He had a plan for her. Whatever happened, needed to happen. How could I argue with that?
She has been in NYC for 8 years. She teaches in the Bronx.
Kelli has a cause that she is really involved in. It's mission is to prevent the explotation of women and children. www.nominetwork.org
She called to tell me that she will be going on a mission trip to Cambodia for her 30th birthday. She worked a second job to save enough money to pay for it. She told me she was excited and a little nervous. So that is what I am going to be also. Proud that she will do whatever she can to make the world a better place, excited for her new adventure and a little scared. Ok, I will worry alot.
(It is only for 10 days, I have already survived the 30 years, LOL)
Thanks for sharing! your Daughters a great person! Prayers for Her!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:57 AM

:thumbup:

my thoughts exactly!

robin