Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The Pull of the Peaches

The Pull of the Peaches

Stopping at a U-pick peaches farm on the way home from Michigan, I got into to the spirit of things and picked 28 lb. Now I have them ripening on my porch, my whole house is torn up because we had our kitchen floors re-sanded, the garden is begging for attention, and the quilting projects are piling up. But I think the peaches, so wonderfully tasty from Coloma, Michigsn, need my attention first. I'm stopping for pie plates and using Paula Dean's pie filling recipe to make four frozen fillings to pop into to crusts later. In the dead of winter we'll have a glorious taste of Michigan, where I grew up. (There was a chocolate shop next door to the peach farm. I bought a cup that says, "Nobody knows the truffles I've seen :-).

Power Poster
    Our peach tree is usually loaded about now but the late frost killed the blossoms. I have peach envy.

Blog Entries
    Sounds tasty, I need to pull out the map and find this community

Blog Entries
    peach pie... yum. being on low carbs, making it without the crust sounds like a good idea right now.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    peach pie... yum. being on low carbs, making it without the crust sounds like a good idea right now.
    I'm on the beginning of my second week of so. beach gluten solution diet. One more week of NO fruit. Those peaches are calling me, not the crust, but oh those peaches.
    Hello from Shenandoah Valley, VA. Quilting a few years. Love the process of creating the quilt top, but don't like making the sandwich of top, batting and backing as much. We have two Labrador Retrievers, a yellow and a chocolate. Blessings to all!

Peach pie sounds so good! When will you have the coffee on?

Sounds yummy!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Power Poster
    sounds yummy love peach cobbler!!
    QUILTNMO

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Don't like peaches so you enjoy yours. You can have mine too.

Yum. Make a jar of spiced peaches for me.

We used to buy the best peaches in Winchester. Always tried to plan a trip there for the 3rd week of August. Can't remember what they were called. Maybe 'sky' something??
    Quote Originally Posted by angelarose View Post
    I'm on the beginning of my second week of so. beach gluten solution diet. One more week of NO fruit. Those peaches are calling me, not the crust, but oh those peaches.

Blog Entries
    we used to buy peaches and cherries in Ontario north of niagre falls. YUM! they were always eaten up before we hit the border. npw we get New Jersey peaches-- sugar on a pit!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Mmmmmm. . . sounds so good. I didn't get any great peaches this year, enjoy yours!