Purses/Crafts

Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 AM

Default Purses/Crafts

Hey does any one have any ideas on what I can put purses and crafts that I have made to ship or just give as a gift. I am big on presentation. I was looking at plastic or drawstring bags, but from where? A variety of colors and sizes would be great! and maybe even my own logo!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 AM

if you want simple, you could purchase brown shopping bags and have a stamp made up, or use gift bags from JoAnns or Walmart, etc - but decorative ones may not show up a stamp. might want to consider whatever cover you use to make the card a business card that the folks could save for future use...reaching more customers.

Want to make your own? purchase tulle (softer than netting) on sale, cut long strip wide enough for the bags and long enough to make both sides/bottom/top and tie them closed with ribbon or rafia. Punch hole in card and lace it on tie before you tie it.

These are all ideas I've seen done for various purchases.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM

thanks a mil Kate! that sounds great
Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 PM

There are places that sell jewlery supplies where you can get bags with your logo or name on them, in various sizes. Not sure how big you need them. They should be simple enough to make too and buy some ribbon and run it through a casing near the top. Let us see what you do.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

How about making a dust cover from fabric? That way she can store it later.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:53 PM

A fairly easy thing would be to buy the paper bags with the cord handle and decorate the outside. QOV sends the quilt in a pillowcase. A purse is usually fairly large, so packaging becomes a question of cost. Sending them you will have to have a cardboard box. Most shipping companies now ask that you use new boxes. You could buy a box and make a decoration on it. One of the more inventive packaging products I've seen is using new paint cans and putting the gift inside. Or a can that has a pull tab on it, like soup. You open the soup from the bottom clean out the can and then put your gift inside. Hot glue the lid in place and decorate the can as you wish. Attach the gift card to the pull tab. To me Sephora had a beautiful gift package for christmas a few years ago. It had the gift inside, like perfume, you opened a rectangle box that had the s as the way the cardboard opened, it was velcroed together, and then that was put inside a black and white sephora bag. It was elegant.