Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Put on your big girl panties!! >

Put on your big girl panties!!

Put on your big girl panties!!

Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 PM

Well said!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:35 PM

I agree with you!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine View Post
Please tell me how you did it. I want to change mine to and can't find the place to do it. Thanks.
You probably need to change your settings for posting...go to settings at the top of the page, click general settings on left sidebar, then down the page under Miscellaneous Options change to Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing then click save. Smilies, font colours etc should then show when you post x
Old 11-04-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2 View Post
I don't mind the new format and I'm finding my way around not too badly. I just hope they bring back the Unread Topic feature so we can see what we've read and what we haven't....that's what I'm really missing the most
I also used the Unread Topics feature most but I have found that if you go to the main forum and then scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see a sort order. By default it shows newest posts in descending order but you can change it to Thread Start descending order and hit sort or whatever it says. That puts all the new topics first. You can then see the new threads as they happen. I haven't found a way to save this setting so I have to change it every time but it works for me. Also--the search function is awesome compared to the old board.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
I agree Sunflower Girl, I wasn't thrilled with it to begin with. But, it doesn't seem as bright as it did on the initial change. And there seems to be some really nice features that are new. So, i'm still wading in and I am starting to like it. And, hopefully everyone else will also.
I AM wearing my big girl panties...have been for years...the next step will be "depends" LOL I will be the first to admit I am techno challenged, I try learn, it's just that it does not "stick"! So with that said, I was wondering just what are these New Improved parts of the board ...I haven't found all of the old pieces yet, but seriously, what is new other than color scheme and they have changed the names around, confusingly so. They really threw me with calling "my pages" "blogs", surely they realize there are some of us here who do not blog, nor tweet, nor facebook...it's not that I can't, it's just not where my interest lie. I am interested in quilting and thus I will stick out the transition phase and see if I can make it work. I find the older I get, the less I like change...! I like to keep it simple! Probably why I have not made a bargello quilt yet, but hey, I do have the pattern/book! I personally would have liked to be able to read about what was going to happen, not just told that something was going to happen, but what was going to be different and how to use it, before being confronted with it...have never liked the sink or swim version of anything. Not even when I was younger!!! So if you see me going under, please throw me a line!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:32 PM

But they (my big girl panties) keep falling down! My problem is that I don't know what I have replied to -- I love to greet the newbies and reply to chit-chat -- I know that entries are dated, but.... maybe I can figure this out -- I can always look at pix and quilting talk! LOL -- another old dog
Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Believe me, I have no problem with change when there is a clear reason for it. I am a change leader in my work place and I am normally the one encouraging others to give change a chance. But I also know that there are good ways to introduce change, and there are not so good ways.

So don't tell me its all about my underwear. It's not, and it would nice if there could be some acknowledgement of the fact that the fallout is not all about resistance to change, but also about poor communication. I don't like the tone that is bring used on here, just telling everyone to get over themselves, or that they are behaving like children, or even phrases like "shame on you". That is seldom helpful when people are feeling confronted and indeed is more likely to make them feel like they no longer belong in a place where they once felt safe.

If people are to continue to participate in this comunity they need to get past their negative feelings with a bit of support and listening. Where is that happening? I am not seeing it anywhere.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Abby'smom View Post
But they (my big girl panties) keep falling down! My problem is that I don't know what I have replied to -- I love to greet the newbies and reply to chit-chat -- I know that entries are dated, but.... maybe I can figure this out -- I can always look at pix and quilting talk! LOL -- another old dog
I've got some suspenders...wanna borrow `em??
Old 11-04-2011, 05:49 PM

Maybe I just don't get the reasoning behind the new board-was it broke?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:21 PM

Right on! Where is their sense of adventure?