Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Put on your big girl panties!! >

Put on your big girl panties!!

Put on your big girl panties!!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors View Post
Maybe I just don't get the reasoning behind the new board-was it broke?
No. Probably what brought about the change was technology. Some of the older forum formats are no longer being supported. When a situation like that occurs, as the forum ages, there are not only security risks for all participants, there are no new updates and if the older forum software would crash all content could possibly be lost because there is no tech support to call. Could you imagine the wealth of information available on quilting board being lost? It would be a shame.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:34 PM

We've had so many changes at work that the changes on the board were ok w/me.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:36 PM

I didn't like it much the first day either, but the more you navigate around , the easier it gets......anxiously waiting the Classifieds to come back though.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
I just posted this on the "Enough Already" thread but wanted to say I think Patience and a slight sense of adventure is the key. I just had fun changing the colors in my profile area to yellow and blue...
just had to say - "love your avatar!" changing colors - now that is beyond me!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2 View Post
I don't mind the new format and I'm finding my way around not too badly. I just hope they bring back the Unread Topic feature so we can see what we've read and what we haven't....that's what I'm really missing the most

Me too, this feature let me make the most of my time while I was on the board. I really hope they bring it back.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 PM

the part I've really hated so far is the fact that my private messages were filled to overflowing! Messages from way back when I first joined were miraculously still here!
I had deleted all but the most recent ones so was surprised when I found all those old ones still here.
The part that frustrated me was the fact that if your box is full you can't send or receive any new ones. Uh-oh.
I cleaned those babies outta there quickly!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

I am still here and plan to stay, adventures are good, sitting on a chair inside my home. Scaredy Cat is one of my cat's name, not mine.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 PM

I agree. I don't understand what all the fuss is about because I had a hard time with the old system when I first joined the board. They're gonna have to learn a new system when they move so why not just stick around here?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie View Post
Believe me, I have no problem with change when there is a clear reason for it. I am a change leader in my work place and I am normally the one encouraging others to give change a chance. But I also know that there are good ways to introduce change, and there are not so good ways.

So don't tell me its all about my underwear. It's not, and it would nice if there could be some acknowledgement of the fact that the fallout is not all about resistance to change, but also about poor communication. I don't like the tone that is bring used on here, just telling everyone to get over themselves, or that they are behaving like children, or even phrases like "shame on you". That is seldom helpful when people are feeling confronted and indeed is more likely to make them feel like they no longer belong in a place where they once felt safe.

If people are to continue to participate in this comunity they need to get past their negative feelings with a bit of support and listening. Where is that happening? I am not seeing it anywhere.
Bravo! I completely agree with the thought that it is not fair or grown up to be name calling, etc. We are all different people, and we are all going to learn at a different pace. For some of us, it has been difficult to learn how to use the new site. We have all been good friends. Why are we hurting one another now with the childish and cruel remarks. We were given the opportunity to complain. The posting was there for us. Some of us may have complained too loudly, but that doesn't give others the right to judge us and make mean remarks. Let's be kind and respectful. That isn't a difficult thing to do. Not everyone will adjust, and some may decide that is is time to move on and find a new home. That is not a bad thing at all. Couldn't you name callers just try to understand and respect others and allow members to adjust or do whatever it is that they need to do?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:06 PM

I agree with the last two comments and wonder at the people who are insisting that we be patient with the way we were thrown off the pier but they have no patience with us and our rightful complaints (re: communication; I have been asking for a glossary. the FAQ link [doesn't work after i finally found it, have hopes for tomorrow], the My Pages area [not blog, private note-taking area], the Unread Topics information [which other members have found a way to circumvent, the info did not come from the admin people] and the Watched Topics.... [this is the only area that the admin gave us info for... and even changed the way it acted at the beginning...thank you admin, we really appreciate this even tho it takes several clicks to accomplish what used to be automatic for us] from the very first time i was on the new format ...none of these communication questions has been addressed. Where is the tutorial? Where are the answers to questions placed on the threads asking for questions? If we are impatient, then it is because there is reason.