Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books >

Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Old 04-12-2011, 02:30 AM

Well ain't that somethin!! I'm trying to figure out how to make time to sleep how in the world do you guys have time to read??? I used to be an avid reader, but now I spend so much time on this board reading, I don't have time for much else. I do have some of these books, but now you make me want to see what I have and start getting the rest in order, lol This is what I mean about work being soooo over-rated. It interfers with our quilting, boarrd reading, and now book reading, lol nevermmind housework ......soooooooo little time and soooo much to do whew!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:48 AM

They are great. I have read all of them. Well worth your time.It is a series that you don't need to read them all but you really do want to read every last one of them. Check out your library mine had them all.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:50 AM

LOL.. set the timer for 15 min. and just read. I use to read that way at work on breaks and lunch and before work..Love my little timer.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:02 AM

I love Jennifer Chiaverini's books. I want to get the new one soon. My husband found several of these books at a used book store down at the beach a couple of years ago. As others mentioned, there's a core group of characters with new ones added over time (including one set of twins!) Most are set in modern times, but there are some historical flashbacks and some are mainly historical fiction. I loved The Runaway Quilt and the Quilter's Legacy. But really all of her books are favorites of mine.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by moroni
I love Jennifer C's books. I've read them all and some I've read twice. She is the one who has inspired me to begin quilting. I too wish there was an Elm Creek Quilting Guild somewhere nearby.
I wish there was a real Elm Creek Quilt Camp! I would love to go to one someday although I haven't even been to a retreat yet!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Her books go back and forth between modern time and the Civil War era. The characters in the Civil War era books are relatives of Sylvia's.

This link shows the order the books were written if you scroll down and read back up from the Quilter's Apprentice. If you notice some of the titles are actually 2 - 3 of the books put together under one title, so you won't need to read those.

The Runaway Quilt, The Sugar Camp Quilt, The Lost Quilter and the Union Quilters are historical and do not have to be read in order with the modern ones if you don't want to do so.

http://elmcreek.net/books
yep!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:36 PM

Sara's twins are briefly mentioned in The New Year's Quilt I believe. They are not major characters, but they have arrived! If the book is not the New Year's Quilt, it is the Quilter's Holiday or The Aloha Quilt. I borrowed these books from the Library and it has been a while since I read them. The Quilter's Holiday, the Aloha Quilt, and The New Year's Quilt complement each other. I too wish there was a real Elm Creek Quilt Camp. I would love to go!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
Well since so many advise to read in order, what exactly is the order they should be read in. I have read three so far and I am hooked.

Sheila
Here's the list taken from Ms. Chiaverini's website...

The Quilter's Apprentice (1999)
Round Robin (2000)
The Cross-Country Quilters (2001)
The Runaway Quilt (2002)
The Quilter's Legacy (2003)
The Master Quilter (2004)
The Sugar Camp Quilt (2005)
The Christmas Quilt (2005)
Circle of Quilters (2006)
The Quilter's Homecoming (2007)
The New Year's Quilt (2007)
The Winding Ways Quilt (2008)
The Quilter's Kitchen (2008)
The Lost Quilter (2009)
A Quilter's Holiday (2009)
The Aloha Quilt (2010)
The Union Quilters (2011)

http://elmcreek.net/faq
Old 04-13-2011, 09:17 AM

How did I miss the Aloha Quilt?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:27 PM

Don' want to ruin it for anyone, but just at the end of the Aloha Quilt, the "boys" were mentioned. That's why I thought I missed something. Wouldn't want to do that!