Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books >

Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Old 04-10-2011, 01:23 PM

I've read all her books and yes the story continues.
I'm her latest book and although different you start to piece the events of the Bergstroms.. I love them all.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:32 PM

Big fan here -reading #15 Aloha quilt. Books can be read in either # order or the history order. JC web site wrote that. I read # 1 to #15 .
Twins not yet born --last summer author asked people to send in quilt blocks to vote for sex of babies. To vote - You got the pattern on line -made it in pink for 2 girls / blue for boys/ purple for one of each. Had to have block sent by Labor Day. Organized by JC that women were to quilt them for charity children quilts. I was so honored that I sent purple from Ontario to WI. Great idea !
Been patiently waiting for the results.
Author said to write results in spring book.

I know one lady sent a blue block --like an "OHIO STAR" because author has 2 sons. I thought you could write more stories with a girl/boy story line. Don't think I've ever enjoyed reading a novel series as much as this one. I tell others about them if they read fiction.

Did anyone else here happen to send in blocks ? Copy of pattern is up north so I an only going by my memory.
If anyone else has info please share with me as I thought this latest book told the story. Now have an ereader but
these I want in book form to keep.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 PM

I didn't send in blocks to vote for the twins, but I thought it was a great idea that she did it that way. Poor Sarah has been pg for at least 2 books now, I think! If I recall, all the blocks will be donated to Project Linus this summer.

I love her books!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
The main characters come into each novel...with sometimes a few away for this tale.

There are a few newcomers with each book, but you will recognize
most of the staff at the retreat.

i would suggest that you try to beg, borrow, but not steal, the first few books. It would be worth it to read them first.

MaryJane
lol...just got 11 books off of Amazon; most for for .01 cent each !!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I had our little library order them. I'm reading Union Quilters right now. I have read all but 1 or 2 now and not always in order. I don't think it will bother you much if you read a few of them out or order Dreamer...even with your BI.
Thanks Patti :)
It was a one day read for the one I just got...loved it.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:21 PM

I have read the whole series(so far) and they carry the same characters forward (or descendants). She has added new characters from time to time. The last one is about the Civil War and was a little harder to read but I still love the series.
Originally Posted by dreamer2009
I am reading one now...The Quilter's Apprentice
Do the rest of her books carry the character forward or are they different characters in each book ?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota
I think that I have read all of her books that my library and neighboring liebaries have. Just love her books. I am now on "The Union Quilters" and am enjoying it very much. A lot of history. Somehow I missed the book where Sara has her twins, does anyone know which book this is in??

Sara hasn't had her twins yet. I sure hope she does in the next book. I was hoping the latest book would say something about them, but instead The Union Quilters was family/friends history. She's just keeping us on edge so we buy the next book. And I for one, can't wait!

The Elm Creek series is addictive. She writes so well that you feel the characters are family & you just HAVE to find out what's happening next.

Can you tell I'm addicted?
:lol:

The Quilter's Apprentice was the 1st in the series. I feel this should be read 1st as it tells about the founding of Elm Creek Quilt Camp, which is the basis for all the other books.

I read all the books in the order they were published. Jennifer gives enough background to what she references that the reader is not lost--just leaves the reader wanting to know more. IMHO this has been great. You know what happened, but the book continues with its main theme. And a future book develops from that reference.

My daughter & I saw her in a talk last year. She is a real sweetheart. She autographed my copy of Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts. My LQS is having a BOM from this. There are several months to go, but when I get mine done, I'll post it.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Love her books and one of the things I like to do is to go to her website and print off a copy of any of the quilts mentioned in that particular book - I print them on card stock and keep them with the books to act as a bookmark / reference so you can see what she is talking about - found it very useful - usually copy from her website and paste to a word processing program so I can make it big enough to use - usually card size
Old 04-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Most of the characters stay in all the books.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by no1jan
I love these books. I can no longer read well because of my vision but have them on audio cd's. I love them. Although youd don't have to go in order, you can get confused at some points because it mentions something from a previous book. However, most of the time, they also clarify it in the new book. I have almost all of them so far. I think I've only missed 1 or 2.

They make wonderful gifts for new quilters!
I have all of her books and help do her PR work prior to their releases...LOVE them all...BUT wish I had them in Audio..I love to travel and listen to books....Harry Potter and ARagon have been favorites thus far!