Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books >

Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Old 04-09-2011, 07:51 PM

Just finished union quilter llllloooooovvvved it! Already can't wait for next one! I usually pre- order on amazon! I read them in order. Helps keep character straight. Dont have to with most but a few books
Ight be confUsing. I got used ones cheap on amazon or join paperbackswap. Com. U can trade books for postage only!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by genafan201
I'd be really interested in the answer to this question also. I read on a Kindle, and for some silly reason the first two or three books of the "series" can not be read on a Kindle. I don't really want to start on the ones I have if the characters are the same. Thanks!
I have every one of her books and listen to them and yes, they all have the same characters or branch off to different times with the same family. The new one coming out "The Union Quilters" has Gerda Bergstrom in it and she is in earlier books. Listen to the first two or three on a cd or tape and follow the characters through - there are 16 books in total. I love each and every one of them. Also, check out Emilie Richards Shenandoah Series - five books, all named after quilt blocks and each story different but with the same characters in the books, but each as a different plot in the story. I am on the fourth book now - Sister's Choice and I have one left after that one - Touching Stars. I like reading those kind of stories (actually they are audio books. I listen to them while I am sewing. Anyhow the Emilie Richard series is really really good! I am totally a Jennifer Chiaverini fan though. What I like about the audio books, however, is that they take up less space then a book, but not as less as a Kindle. I want to get an ipod and put the books on them. I can go for a walk with a tape in my Walkman (I don't even think they make them anymore - have to remember to be careful)and walk the dog to my heart's content and still listen to a good story. Have a good day!!! Edie
Old 04-10-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by lfw045
I also want to find the books that I have gotten from the library with the instructions for Sylvia's Bridal Quilt. I want to make one! Anybody else?
I just finished mine last weekend, thanks. I've heard her new book is also going to have a quilt pattern, it's all in blue and white (The Union Quilters)!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:49 AM

Hi, I have read all her books also. Preorder on Amazon. The Lost Quilter was soooooo good
Old 04-10-2011, 03:59 AM

Just finished The Union Quilters and have read almost all of her books. The Elm Creek Quilt stories mostly take place in the area of Penn State University and Bellefonte PA. This is in central Pennsylvania. I know the area well, my husband comes from there and the writer is from Madison. Her husband went to Penn State so they lived there while he was in college. I love the characters and story line, it all goes together to make delightful and informative reading. I have most of her books and the Aloha Quilters book is next on my list. She knows her history and uses it wisely.

Carol J.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:59 AM

My DH bought me the Quilters Holiday 2 yrs ago for Christmas and got me sterted on them. I never really like to read before this. So I started checking them out at the library and started at the beginning and now I am on Circle Of Quilters. I ama slow reader so its going to take me awhile but I really enjoy them. I would like to buy them all eventually to have them all cause I would probably read them all over again later on.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:03 AM

Yes; I love her books and can't get enough of them. I'm now reading book 10 and you get so you really know her family. I pass them around here at work and we are hooked on them. I got my first 3 as a gift from a co-worker and then between the book store and used book store I keep buying them. At barnes and noble they have some of them with three books in one. Enjoy them..
Old 04-10-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
I am reading one now...The Quilter's Apprentice
Do the rest of her books carry the character forward or are they different characters in each book ?
Yes the characters so far are carried and new ones added.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:12 AM

She also has a web site; elmcreek.net (I think) it is on the back of the book. It's great because you can see the quilts that she talks about in the books and read how everything evolved with the books and quilts. I'm assuming that eventually her first two books will also be in ebook form. For Nook users book 3 is available. There are a couple of books around #8 or 9 that can be read out of sequence but the first several ones should be read in sequence.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:56 AM

Well since so many advise to read in order, what exactly is the order they should be read in. I have read three so far and I am hooked.

Sheila