Question about moving

Old 03-30-2011, 05:50 AM

I think it really depends on your personality. Until I moved to my present place, the longest time I stayed in any place was 5 years, with the average time being around 3.I had a good job, and it was itinerant.I was even paid to work overseas for a number of years and i enjoy moving and travelling and meeting new people. if you find it difficult to settle and hard to meet new people, it might be best to remain where you are as it is more difficult to break into new circles as you get older. The commuting will be fine if you don't have to do it for more than 5 years.Any longer than that would be too long.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:40 AM

In this market you may lose all you put into your home. Remember the neighbors may move or wherever you go there is bound to be problems. Good luck with your decision. I know it is a difficult one.

Sending hugs
Old 03-30-2011, 03:28 PM

Something I have noticed in my neighborhood. Is lots of times the neighbors don't stay long. We use to have family owned houses my block and the one over. It's hard telling how many families have been in and out of my neighborhood over the last few years. The original owners sold then the houses were bought and rented out. So different people are in and out of these houses all the time.
So you might see if that could be what is happening in your neighborhood. Just a thought.

Good Luck in your decision!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about, Our solution was a 6 ft. privacy fence & looking the opposite way. After many years of trying to be neighborly we finally realized it was not possible w/these neighbors(only on one side). It certainly is less expensive & as thet say fences make good neighbors! Good luck!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:02 PM

children bounce back. they're tougher than you think. yes, the neighborhood will devalue if the neighbors don't take care of their property. so if the issue is your home as an investment, then you have no choice but to move.

the question really is how far north do you have to go and what size house can you now afford. you may not get as good as what you sell. but you may get peace of mind. it's true that you can't know if you'll like a new place, but you do know you don't like the old place.

it doesn't sound to me like you want a reason to stay, it sounds like you want a reason to go.

EDIT: can you find another house in the same town? is that an option?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
. Izabella is beautiful and I loe her name.

Blessings.

Helen
Thank you so much for such kind words :-) We spelled her name with the Z as it was the Polish/Hungarian way which is part of her heritage.
Hugs
April
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 AM

sounds like you really dont want to move, and in that case i would stay , maybe you will become friend with the neighbors you never know or maybe they will move and someone better will move in, once you move the chance of moving back are slim to none , but if you stay you could always move later if it gets bad i vote stay !!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 AM

Thank you all so much for continuing to help me though this decision. We love our home but it is the setting and environment we are not so sure is right for us anymore. I am working on pros and cons with hubby and in the end it will be a well thought out decision whatever it may be.
Moving in the same town is probably not doable as most of the houses in our town are like ours half an acre or less, still high taxes....but we shall see what happens.
We are more than likely going to do the fence regardless of whether or not we move.
Thank you all again
Hugs
April
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 AM

Would moving farther north put you that much farther from the doctors you need? If you are concerned about your condition getting worse, that could mean more appointments in the future. Would driving over an hour each way to your doctor be OK with you?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Would moving farther north put you that much farther from the doctors you need? If you are concerned about your condition getting worse, that could mean more appointments in the future. Would driving over an hour each way to your doctor be OK with you?
Moving more north would actually put me closer to my doctors. I drive an hour and a half to see them right now. On bad days someone else drives me (mom, hubby, friend)
I do not mind driving to my doctors as they are phenomenal...I would find a way to get to them even if I moved hours away! :-)
Hugs
April