Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Question about toaster oven >

Question about toaster oven

Question about toaster oven

Old 05-22-2015, 06:32 AM

I put foil in the bottom of mine, so when something gets burnt on (usually cheese from toasting cheese sandwiches) I can just toss the foil without having to scrape away at thin sheet metal or something.

The glass door on mine is pretty ugly now, but it's still perfectly functional so I won't toss it. I'm too conscious of and concerned about waste for that. I don't throw things out just for being ugly. I'd have to get rid of half my pets if I did that! LOL I could probably take the door off and soak it in oven cleaner if it really bothered me, but I don't care enough to bother. Would rather be quilting than scrubbing, any day.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:35 PM

Simple green has been a life saver for me many times. And on really stubborn stuff I have used Soft Scrub. It is pretty safe to use on more delicate stuff. Bar Keepers Friend is great too.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:39 PM

Find your manual and read it. If you lost it, find one on the net.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I put foil in the bottom of mine, so when something gets burnt on (usually cheese from toasting cheese sandwiches) I can just toss the foil without having to scrape away at thin sheet metal or something.

The glass door on mine is pretty ugly now, but it's still perfectly functional so I won't toss it. I'm too conscious of and concerned about waste for that. I don't throw things out just for being ugly. I'd have to get rid of half my pets if I did that! LOL I could probably take the door off and soak it in oven cleaner if it really bothered me, but I don't care enough to bother. Would rather be quilting than scrubbing, any day.
You can clean the glass(and chrome too) with DRY baking soda. Rub the baking soda on the stains and they will come off. It is messy but after you are finished just vacuum up any residue of the soda. Do not use the soda wet ---it won't work; but dry it is miraculous.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:45 PM

Thanks all. I vote for the ammonia and if that doesn't work-I'll just live with it.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

I use baking soda, but I use my toaster oven like most people use an oven.
for years I lived in a basement with no kitchen so I used my toaster for baking everything from lasagna to turkeys, chickens and cakes. i'd be lost without it. I've lived here for 5 yrs now, and used my oven about 6 times. I hate to heat the whole house up when the toaster oven will do.