Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question for splicing cording

Question for splicing cording

can anyone tell how to splice cording to use for the edge of a pillow so the splice doesn't show?

Me again, I should add to use for piping. Thanks.

First, I take out the stitching for a few inches where the join will be. At the two places where I'm going to cut the cord so that the ends will meet, I apply fray check and let it dry; then I cut the ends so they just meet and with a needle and thread, sew back and forth a few times to hold them together. Then I turn under one end of the fabric so that it will cover the the other end and re-sew the fabric around the cord.

Looking back at that, it isn't very clear, although it isn't really complicated or very time consuming. Hope these pics help:

Name:  cordingjoin1.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  cordingjoin3.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  132.8 KB

Daffy

Thanks, Daffy Daphne for the quick reply. I'm having another one of those sleepless nights so I can finish the pillows for my granddaughter, she's coming this weekend. She wanted 8 pillows these are the last 2. Thanks again.