Quilt Bus Tours

Old 10-02-2023, 05:07 AM

Default Quilt Bus Tours

I’ve taken a quilt bus tour from the Seattle area to Portland, Oregon. It was great fun.
l’ve taken a quilt bus tour from the Seattle area to Sisters, Oregon. It was awful. The tour company had no idea what they were doing.

Can anyone provide recommendations on bus tours? I’d fly to the starting destination, just looking for good tours.

Old 10-02-2023, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

I'm taking a one day bus to Stitchin Heaven Sewing Expo in Texas.
It's about a 3 hour bus ride for me. Free admittance, lunch provided and discount on all purchases. Ticket is $50. It will be fun because every passenger will be a quilter. If you live within a few hours there will probably be a bus leaving close to you. Starts in late Nov.for several days.

Last edited by Onebyone; 10-02-2023 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:45 AM

was the sisters tour put together by a guild or was it a professional tour? That would make a huge difference. The ones put on by guilds or shops to Sisters sort of spill you out and you are on your own till time to leave.

Welcome to the Board!
Old 10-02-2023, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
was the sisters tour put together by a guild or was it a professional tour? That would make a huge difference. The ones put on by guilds or shops to Sisters sort of spill you out and you are on your own till time to leave.

Welcome to the Board!
I took a bus to Sisters only once and vowed never again. I think the bus was arranged by the senior center. After we arrived the driver announced that he would be leaving at 2:00, much earlier than any of us expected. Then when 2:00 came he waited for a couple of stragglers to arrive, while the rest of us sat on the hot bus. And then he took a very long route back to where we started. After that experience I decided to drive myself. At that time I lived just down the mountain from Sisters, in Albany, so it wasn't that far. Before taking another bus ride I would get more information about the schedule (and whether bus was air conditioned).
Old 10-02-2023, 07:55 AM

The Sisters bus trip was a tour company. It was very bad, I would not recommend the company.