Quilt Tattoos

Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 AM

I pick M&M's over child birth. lol But I was silly enough to do it 3 times. Childbirth not M&M's I do M&M's every chance I get. Peanut for me .
Old 08-13-2010, 07:57 AM

Your skin and muscle is young and firm now. Think about how your TATS will look when you are " old".( when ever that is)
Old 08-13-2010, 12:26 PM

Don't believe in tatoos
Old 08-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Dix

I retired from Ob/GYn office. We had a patient with a butterfly tattoed on her lower right quadrant. It was Ok untill she became pregnant, when the butterfly wings spread and oh my goodness, the stretch marks are not pretty on butterfly wings. lol
Old 08-13-2010, 01:36 PM

I guess I might be considered a prude, but I figure that if the Lord wanted us to have defaced bodies, he would have made us that way. Sorry ladies. Didn't mean to throw water on your enthusiasm. Two of my navy sons came home with very small anchors. I didn't say MUCH, but they knew I wasn't happy. Just venting my thoughts.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:50 PM

My mom worked with old folks when I was a kid. Loved their tattoos. Or, really, I loved trying to figure out what they used to represent. The options were fewer for them (and easier for me to figure out for the most part). The old mil guys always had like four options chosen off a wall. "Is that a panther/ship/anchor/hula chick?"

The best work I've ever seen is a pet memorial portrait. Just beautiful. Three dogs. The worst was a knitting project by a guy with minimal skills.

My bf has a tat he wants to cover. I'll suggest something quilty just to watch him blanch.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:15 PM

[quote=pookie ookie]My mom worked with old folks when I was a kid. Loved their tattoos. Or, really, I loved trying to figure out what they used to represent. The options were fewer for them (and easier for me to figure out for the most part). The old mil guys always had like four options chosen off a wall. "Is that a panther/ship/anchor/hula chick?"

My DD has a hula chick. Its Lulu. It is a copy of her grandfathers. Her father and half brother have Lulu too. It is a tribute to a wonderful man. As you can see in the photo he is a proud as a grandfather could be.
Dads was done back in the day in Hawaii. We are pretty sure it was done by Sailor Jerry.

Amy Dad with Lulu
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96831[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-96826.jpe  
Old 08-13-2010, 03:59 PM

Not too long ago we attended a motorcycle ,"run for breath", for Cystic Fibrosis. Several of the parents and friends had a nice tat done with the Run for Breath logo on it. It is a lasting tribute to the young children and young adults who lose their fight to C.F. I, being a Gramma of a C.F.grandson, am too chicken to do it.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Damaquilts, thats a neat picture with your DD and her Grandpa!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
Not sure if this is the right section to post, but here goes....

Hi, I am thinking about getting another tatto. I have several. Some big, some small, but all mean something to me.

I was wondering if anyone here has any they would like to share? AND does anyone have any ideas for me to get one? i have too many I would like and can't make up my mind. Some outside opinions would really be great/
I have a small tattoo on my shoulder. It's a Sumerian symbol of femininity-- I thought it looked celtic when I found it on an artifact but it was middle eastern and ancient. I can take a pic tomorrow when the light is better.

Have you seen the beautiful feather tattoos on the arms of the wonderful longarm quilter Karen McTavish? >>>
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...04281665zjgeyB