Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting label

Quilting label

Hi,
    I am making a tie blanket. I want to put a Machine embroidery label on the back. What kind of fabric do I use?
    I could use fleece the same or contrasting pink color on the back. I could use muslin. I could machine embroidery on the back. I need help.

Thanks,
    Sunnydays

I like for my labels to "stick out" or show up -- somewhat. So if it were me, I'd use the pink fabric or the muslin, but lean more toward the pink. It doesn't have to be a large label, but sometimes I write sentiments on my labels, so they get kind of big. I also like to use a permanent marker and hand-write my labels so the recipient has a personal knowledge of my handwriting, and it looks more personal. BUT I do like the looks of a machine embroidered label also.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Pictures always help. That said, it really depends on it you want the label to stand out or blend in.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.