Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quilty Pet Names?

Olfa would be a cute name (after the rotary cutters) and very unique as well. I am a huge fan of unique names. I strive for names that no one else thinks of, especially for my dogs. Ho'nehe (pronounced Hoe - Nah - Hay) was my last dog and no one had ever heard of that name before. My current crew are Keuka and Inigo so those are fairly unique. If you go to quilters cache http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html I am sure you can get loads of inspiration from all the block names.

Manydrose, Lila was a little Hawaiian girl and Stitch was an alien that Lilo thought was a puppy at first.

I guess it would depend especially on the coat of the cat. Calico would be my first choice but it would have to have patches of various colors. I named my black & white cat Whistle because she would come when I whistled.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    On Project Runway the dog's name is Swatch
    Sewflower

Quote Originally Posted by ppquilter View Post
    First to my mind is .........Stitches
    Years ago we had a cat we called stitches.... or course we called him that because his tail looked like it needed a few stitches to straighten it, nothing to do with quilting

Barbara, naming a cat FAT QUARTER is hysterical! (Maybe JELLY ROLL or LAYER CAKE too?) :-)

Maybe I should call my cat NOTION since I love them so much! I suppose THIMBLE is another possibility.

The two rescue kitties I'm considering are named Cinderella (I'd NEVER name a cat that!) (a dilute calico with a half & half color on the head) and Jake (OK, but not my first choice) (a buff tabby with gold eyes). So, hopefully this weekend I'll get a better idea. Thanks everyone for the ideas!

Blog Entries
    I named my cat "zit" cause she had a white head. hahah
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
    I named my cat "zit" cause she had a white head. hahah
    I love it! i am still giggling. We had a cat the kids named Autumn but she had such horrible gas we kept telling her she was stinky so she would answer to Stinky when called. Its hard to ask your neighbors if they had seen my Stinky with a straight face.
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work. Retired and quilting!

I like Ripper to, Rip for short. Barb
    be happy

Blog Entries
    i name my animals after other animals. i have a dog named kitten (after 'father knows best'), a dog named monkey because she has a monkey face and responded to that name immediately, a cat named tiger (he came pre-named from the pspca, so i knew he belonged with us, and yes, he is a red marmalade cat). our only exception is our 21yr old manx cat, simon. so named because he talks alot, therefore, simon says. i hadn't thought of quilty names. needles would be a fun name for a cat. also, pink, for pinked edges. when simon crosses the rainbow bridge, every day is a gift at his age, i will not let him suffer, we will find a rescue that fits in with our crazy zoo crew. who knows what their name will be. i would love a fat gray cat i could name hippo! but the animal comes first, and then the name that fits them. love your quilt names idea.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2