Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER! >

Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER!

Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER!

Old 04-03-2010, 08:46 AM

uote=All Thumbs]
Originally Posted by Marcia
What wonderful news. I know you feel like shouting from the rooftops! Thanks for sharing with us, too. I hope you live a long and healthy life.

I looked at your link. Your quilts are wonderful, the Barbie doll clothes are so cute and your quilt room is fabulous.
Regarding my Barbie dolls and quilts, thank you for the compliment, Marcia. I did love making the clothes and will make a few more out of my deceased Mother's clothing when I feel emotionally free of cutting them apart. Right now, I only have two outfits of hers and just cannot part with them. She was an excellent seamstress. As for my cancer, yes, the effects of weeks of radiation are slowly disappearing. If only I could wear a bra a full day....lol Within time, the stitches will dissolve and everything will return to normal. I thank my Lord daily for Him sending strength to me; and, I ask that others with cancer and serious illnesses feel their situation getting better each day too. Stay well and happy stitching everyone.
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...ser/dizzydonna[/quote]

I wore a bra for the first time since my surgery. Boy did I wish I never had to wear one again! :-) Glad you are healing. God absolutely sends us strength when we need it.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
Originally Posted by jljquilter
Isn't it amazing how many new posters post on this subject. I had not posted until the threads with breast cancer came up. We keep it to ourselves until we can help someone else. We are all able to support each other. Aren't we GREAT!
I agree. It is amazing how many women are out there who have had this disease and are fighting it now. Support definitely helps out! I have been amazed and overwhelmed at the support I have been given.

Update for me: Just had my surgery and am doing great. They took 3 lymph nodes and all were cancer free. AMEN!!
So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news

:thumbup:
Old 04-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

I am continually amazed at the connectedness we share on this wonderful site. This particular thread meant so much to me. I can just picture us helping each other while quilting together. We can do the same thing here and it warms my heart.
I wish you ALL, health, love and friendship :)
Old 04-03-2010, 10:41 AM

Good for you! I am happy for you and your family!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 PM

Congratulations on your last treatment.
I was diagnosed Feb. 15 with stage 4 breast cancer that has moved from the breast to the lymphnodes, thru my blood to a vertebrae on my back. The news was devastating. I had every test known to man in a three week span. After much praying..I was typed as having hormone receptor breast cancer. At this point they are treating with hormones daily and zometa infustions once a month. Once again I am happy..back to quilting. God has answered my prayers..I can live with this..manage it and live my life. Keep you chin up and be positive.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:55 PM

As a Thyroid cancer survivor I know how you feel. Awesome news is just what you have shared and it is always such a thrill that only those of us who have been through cancer can truely understand. THANK you so much for letting us know. Hey when I go to Texas for my check-ups I run through the hospital grabbing and hugging people I don't know and telling them I am cancer free.

YOU go girl...keep shouting!! WOO HOO! I am excited for you!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:15 PM

Congratulations and Hurray! This is wonderful news; Happy Dance! Happy Dance! :thumbup:
Old 04-10-2010, 03:25 PM

In the colon cancer world, it's time for your happy naked dance. Then dance again when you are NED. (No evidence of disease. Not so familiar with breast cancer tx, but DH just finished his chemo for colon cancer and the follow up 6 mo. CT scan was clear. SO, I know what you are feeling and it's a wonderful, freeing feeling, isn't it? So happy for you.
Sandy
Old 04-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
Congratulations on your last treatment.
I was diagnosed Feb. 15 with stage 4 breast cancer that has moved from the breast to the lymphnodes, thru my blood to a vertebrae on my back. The news was devastating. I had every test known to man in a three week span. After much praying..I was typed as having hormone receptor breast cancer. At this point they are treating with hormones daily and zometa infustions once a month. Once again I am happy..back to quilting. God has answered my prayers..I can live with this..manage it and live my life. Keep you chin up and be positive.
Wow Janet, that is pretty heavy duty. Please keep posting on how you're doing. Prayers are going out to you.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:21 PM

so glad to hear you,er on to a happy start of good health just get better and better each year, congrats to you i always support and donate to cancer help and awareness center,s, best wishes and health