Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER! >

Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER!

Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:34 PM

Went through this last year. I go next week for a one year follow up mamo. Breast Care Centers are the BEST. Great people and they know what they are doing. Even when it's not the best news they have a plan which helps. I finished up radiation the middle of last July.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:49 PM

I went through all of this 5 years ago, surgery, chemo and radiation. I can definitely relate to how you are feeling. So glad there is another survivor out there that has beaten this awful disease. Hope some day no one will have to go through it. I am rejoicing with you that your treatments are done and you can begin to regain strength and stamina to do all those things that you had to put on hold.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:55 PM

I am so very happpy for you. That's wonderful news. May God be with you and keep you healthy for the rest of your life. And may He be with anyone else here (or elsewhere) going through the same thing. I had 2 close calls myself and know the fear and don't ever want another to have to endure that. Let's all raise our glasses (tea cups, whatever) to good friends and good health!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 PM

Good for you :D :D :D I'm a 10 year survivor and I'm here to tell you that many days I don't even think about it anymore. Life does get back to normal!! Although I'm mindful about being vigilant with check-ups and mammos, I still think self exams are vitally important for all women, that's how mine was found. For all of you out there awaiting results, one way or the other, you'll be OK. And you'll be in control. Its the not knowing part that makes us nuts!!

Again, congrats :thumbup: :thumbup: Life is good!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:08 PM

Yay!! Congratulations, that is excellent news!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Banned

Oh I am so happy for you, my aunt is gone threw it again. you shout as loud as you want. Penny
Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 AM

Congratulations!!! Doing the Happy Dance for you!!! :) :)
Old 03-11-2010, 03:01 AM

HI All Thumbs, So happy with you.
I thank God first for sending me the best Dr for me and knowing what to do and getting me through two kinds of brest cancer and later cancer on my foot. I know that if not for God I probably would not be here. YOu have a lot of good healthy life to look forward to as we are all doing. You have found one of the most suportive room you will ever see on the internet.
God bless you and all the one's in this awfull part at life that has tossed to us.
We will surive.
Connie
NIce quilt's and loved the Christmas stockings... don't know why but I like stockings.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:20 AM

Praise God. My mom recently finished chemo and radiation. Her sister is beginning radiation next week. I think it's environmental. Best wishes to you!!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:37 AM

Wonderful news. I'm 7 years post surgery and radiation. Every day is a blessing. Enjoy your quilting. I think I treated myself to a quilt shop purchase when I completed my treatment!