Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER! >

Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER!

Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 AM

ALLTHUMBS: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!! Great to read about good news. Just allow yourself time to heal. I t has been a long road and I am sure you want to go back to quilting as soon as possible, BUT look after yourself first.

Hugs and best wishes to hubby too. ciao
Old 03-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
I'm so happy for you. (((((hugs)))))
Unfortunately I may be going down that road too. I'm having a mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow because they found something in my left breast at my physical. I'm crossing my fingers.
Hi will be thinking of you. Just take it easy and think good thoughts. Sending you positive vibes. Keep us informed. Take care ciao
Old 03-10-2010, 11:59 AM

WOOHOOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!

Such fantastic news! You made me cry I'm so happy for you! You get to join the Survivors club!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! I had surgery and chemo last year for cancer and remember very well how good it felt to be done done done! I'm so glad you are doing well.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations on being done.

I am wishing you other two Ladies Good Luck and hope you don't have cancer. I will say prayers for both of you.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:45 PM

That is absolutely fantastic and I am sooo happy for you!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Oh my gosh----I never dreamed so many would respond and with so much encouragement. I am a total stranger to everyone and yet I found courage and confidence blooming out all over the place. Yes, spring is just around the corner. Forgive me if I type in capitals but THANK YOU EVERYONE! And to those others who have or may have breast cancer testing results, I will add your unseen face to my prayer list. After all, our Lord knows who you are and knows who needs help. Thank you again and happy stitches to all.
All Thumbs
Old 03-10-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Oh my gosh----I never dreamed so many would respond and with so much encouragement. I am a total stranger to everyone and yet I found courage and confidence blooming out all over the place. All Thumbs
That is why this is such a wonderful site... we are a large and caring group of friends here!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
Woohoot! Congrats! Most definately a fantastic day :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat as you Quilter7x... Only they found 'something' in my right breast. The last mamo they have to compare the one I had two days ago was 8yrs old...

Friday I'll be going for another mamo & ultrasound. They're sending me to the breast cancer center to get the follow up instead of back to radiology (I wonder if this is the normal practice)... they said the appointment can take 2 hrs & that I'd get the results while I'm there (I wonder if this is normal practice too) *dEEp breath* I'm try'n not to allow myself to let my imagination run away w/me... what ever will be, will be. Plus I've heard from other women that it's not uncommon to have a follow up mamo especially when it's been a long time between them *Thinks to self - everything's gonna be just fine.*

A few thousands prayers from you all can't hurt! :-D Thanks
Hi--I think you meant me instead of Quilter7x? They are sending me to a breast cancer center too for my tests so maybe that's not as ominous as it sounds. They also told me I'd get my results while I'm there and to be sure to ask for the cd of the tests so I can take it to my other doctors if needed. Sounds as if we're being told the same info. That's reassuring a little.
I go on 3-11-10. I'll be keeping good thoughts for you on 3-12-10. Let me know how yours turns out, OK?
Old 03-10-2010, 02:33 PM

Oopsy :) Yes, I meant you :)

It is reassuring to hear they told you the same thing. That means it's SOP. :thumbup: You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi--I think you meant me instead of Quilter7x? They are sending me to a breast cancer center too for my tests so maybe that's not as ominous as it sounds. They also told me I'd get my results while I'm there and to be sure to ask for the cd of the tests so I can take it to my other doctors if needed. Sounds as if we're being told the same info. That's reassuring a little.
I go on 3-11-10. I'll be keeping good thoughts for you on 3-12-10. Let me know how yours turns out, OK?[/quote]