RAK Thank You!

Old 05-05-2012, 01:51 PM

the docs confirmed that my sil has the more serious of the two cancers, ovarian cancer. i am trying to wait most patiently for an update because i dont want to add more stress to the situtation by constantly calling them for updates.

i survived my week of childcare duty. now as i try to put my home back together (i had to move things around), i am finding little things they left behind. my niece & nephews cant fool me, they left their things so they can have a reason to come back and stay again. whomever said that taking care of children is like riding a bike (you never forget), they lie. my timing was so outta whack that i found myself going to bed at 10pm and i never do that.

okay all this talk about being old, whose says because you are over 40 you're old? i'm not buying that. there's a cougar lurking around somewhere around in me. i celebrate with joy every year that comes to me now if i can just remember how old i am. hey btw, does anyone have a sure fire tip on how to color enhance or tame those wild wily hairs that seem to spring up all over the place?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
Teresa, thanks ever so much for the darling Ladybug Bank... She is darling, named her Cupid... LOL Picture of it and my Ladybug shelf on my Sun porch...
YW Rosemary but there were 2 other items in the box. I hope you didn't throw them away because I used shredding to pack with.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by craftykk View Post
Who on this rak thread does scrapbooking?
Kris (thompson118) Diana (walk n rock) and myself Sheila-in Erie all scrapbook- matter of fact we are getting together tomorow (Sunday) to scrap- I am starting a scrapbook of my quilts that I have made.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie View Post
Kris (thompson118) Diana (walk n rock) and myself Sheila-in Erie all scrapbook- matter of fact we are getting together tomorow (Sunday) to scrap- I am starting a scrapbook of my quilts that I have made.
sheila what would a quilt scrapbook look like? i am not into scrapbooking, actually i know very little about it. just curious about the quilt scrapbook. i really want to document my quilts along the way.

mary
Old 05-05-2012, 02:56 PM

First of all I would like to apologise to Krystyna- Sorry but I did not know about the thank you site- so when I received your RAK -I just enjoyed it and didn't properly Thank You- I shared the magazine and book with friends. Then last week I was raked by Mary- I am not sure what her online name is but she lives in WI. I received selvages from fabric used to make pillowcases for WWII Vets - nice job Mary (her group made over 100 pillowcases) and thank you for thinking of me- the notepad and pen will come in handy- always looking for paper and pen. THEN today a rak from Hoppa- fancy emery board, lapel flower, quilt pattern and fabric! Thank You Jeff! Now I read that you just got out of the hospital the day you mailed the RAK's- how very kind of you to think of others. Remember to take care of yourself and again thank you all-now that I know about this site I will check in to check up on everyone. got some ideas for raks now just have to get them in the mail.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie View Post
....Then last week I was raked by Mary- I am not sure what her online name is but she lives in WI. I received selvages from fabric used to make pillowcases for WWII Vets - nice job Mary (her group made over 100 pillowcases) and thank you for thinking of me- the notepad and pen will come in handy- always looking for paper and pen. ....
her board name is mmb195152
Old 05-05-2012, 03:10 PM

Hi Mary- I have taken pictures of the quilts and collected scrapbook paper and solid colors and will attach the pictures to a page that I have (they call it journaling) written the name of the pattern, date, who quilted it and anything else I want- maybe who it was for or why I made it- birthday, charity etc. Then I will embellish the pages with buttons, flowers etc. For example I just made lap quilts for the Soldiers and Sailors Home (wheelchair bound) and they are red, white and blue stars so I have nice star shaped buttons that are also red, white and blue to decorate the page and I will probably use a plain blue background paper. It is a wonderful and inexpensive way to document your quilts. You can buy scrapbooks on sale a lot at AC Moore ($3-$5). You could always do it as fancy or as plain as you want. I wanted a book because I have given away all but 2 of the 22 quilts that I have made, so it will be a nice memory of the people I made them for as some of them are holding up the quilts.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:13 PM

Thank You for the info
Old 05-05-2012, 03:24 PM

ifthanks brenda21 for the rak i received this week. i picked it up for the p.o. today. brenda sent me some fabric scraps (some i remember from the boom block swap) and she made me a scissor fob with a tiny shoe attached. thanks sew much brenda. this fob is going on my mundial snippers which are really sharp. ii would of hate to have lost them to one of the little old ladies at my lqs quilt class.

sheila thanks for the info. i would like to see one of your pages if you dont mind posting. i am not that kind of crafter so need a visual.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]333045[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails brenda21-may12.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
YW Rosemary but there were 2 other items in the box. I hope you didn't throw them away because I used shredding to pack with.
Yippppes, lucky you said something Teresa, my son was opening the package for me, he's a great big burly guy and
was putting the shredded paper in the garbage, fortunately I found them both....

PS where did you find such tiny buttons
Attached Thumbnails img_0341.jpg