RAK Thank You!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
So whose is going to make the wall hanging???
well krystyna has the greeting cards and she is an expert in that imagery arena so..........
Old 07-19-2012, 03:10 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
So whose is going to make the wall hanging???
Me. Eventually. I also have some gorgeous prints from my parish calendar from 2011 that would be nice panels. I've sold out of all the religious themed wall quilts I make, so time to make something new.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 AM

I've been reading through this thread and thinking it would be fun to send something. Sometimes you read a post and think, gosh, that person could use a pick-me-up. But how do you get addresses? If you ask them it's not a surprise. I guess I have addies for the few people I've gotten swaps for, but maybe I missed something in the thread. Also, does everyone assume religious items are appropriate? Maybe it's a given that one is a devout Christian if you are in this group?
Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 AM

Happy, Happy Birthday to luvstoquilt (Sharon). This is your special day. Enjoy!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
I've been reading through this thread and thinking it would be fun to send something. Sometimes you read a post and think, gosh, that person could use a pick-me-up. But how do you get addresses? If you ask them it's not a surprise. I guess I have addies for the few people I've gotten swaps for, but maybe I missed something in the thread. Also, does everyone assume religious items are appropriate? Maybe it's a given that one is a devout Christian if you are in this group?
see post #1676 and no everyone in the rak group is not necessarily religious or of the same religious denomination. i would say until you "know" your online friend better, religious items may not be the best thing to send.

the list referred to in post #1676 contains a list of things people in the rak group likes, collects, are interested in receiving and occasionally we list things we have to give away and others will let us know if they are interested in receiving.

the package krystyna was displaying below is a gift for her recent 60th birthday and i happen to know she makes and sells religious items, i saw the cards and thought of her so home they went with me and off they went to her.

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-19-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
Never "assume" because I am on the RAK list and I do not like to be sent religious items; at least it's on my SP info. Best to stay away from religious items unless you know for sure.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 AM

teresa i have questions for you. there is this thread where folks are talking about not receiving gifts with cancer ribbons in them such as quilts, totes, etc. because it reminds them of their illness. of course i have my opinion on that subject (its somewhere in the thread) but just wondering what your thoughts are on this.

i know you have gotten several pink items in solidarity for your recent diagnosis but would you be adverse to receiving any other pink ribbon handmade gifts? do you feel that receiving pink ribbon items are shoving your diagnosis in your face and reminding you of it every time you look at the item?

i ask because it hadn't occurred to me that folks thought this way. several of my friends who are cancer survivors became advocates raising money and awareness of their particular cancers, wearing the various colored ribbon items in support of other survivors. it just never occurred to me to ask the question first before i made the item but then again i am around those or in contact with those friends of mine who are survivors so i have a sense of what they think. lemme know your thoughts.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM

MARY, I would LOVE to get other gifts with pink ribbons on them! It's not so much as a reminder of my illness but a reminder that I am a survivor! Thanks for asking!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:30 AM

This may sound stupid, but how do we get involved in a RAK? Would like to meet some friends here.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Swap Hosts

Liz and Lyn, just PM Quilty-Louise and she will send you the current list and put you on the list for the next update.
Welcome to RAK-land. I am always happy to receive Christian items! And happy to send them as well ... especially to MsCupid.