Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Random Laundry Discovery and Comment >

Random Laundry Discovery and Comment

Random Laundry Discovery and Comment

Old 02-11-2012, 10:15 AM

CALL and WRITE your Senator and Representative in Congress. Ask for help. This is a travesty...your husband served our country and now it's time for our country to take care of him. Don't delay until after hte military hearing, do it now. The worst that can happen is nothing, and that's already happening, so you have nothing to lose.

Also go to state level legislative representatives and ask for help.

If none of that works, go to the local newspaper (if you still have one) and get publicity any way you can.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 AM

PatM
We are waiting on their final decision again. That was promised PROMISED PROMISED to be here two weeks ago, and again.. not a word from anyone (so goes the insanity of the past 4 years). 50 false promises. If they deny him again we are indeed going after them with an attorney. I have a local friend who's hubby died from Agent Orange related issues 7 years ago. She JUST started getting his back pay (and her survivors benefits) about 10 months ago after endless legal battling. HARD TO IMAGINE! We won't give up... promise.

Joy
I asked for a clothes line for Christmas...LOL I agree with you 100% on hanging clothes out to dry like t-shirts, jeans, towels and non-polyester blend items. They do look very good (and smell wonderful!). However, I live very close to the ocean. Not only do we deal with salt water humidity, but we have A LOT OF SEAGULLS...and those suckers like to BOMB a lot of things...clotheslines are their speciality....LOL. Dirty dirty birdies!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 AM

Cathyvv
All of that is in the works... thanks so much! We have been dealing with the VFW and in order to take the actions you mentioned (which we plan on doing PRONTO if he's denied again) we have to negate our contract with the VFW - which we will do! We are just waiting on this LAST chance we gave them. It's crazy.... completely crazy. He was awarded SSDI on his first try (WHICH we were told is not the norm) when they took ONE look at his medical records. He worked until he was collapsing from exhaustion. He kept ending up in the hospital when gone on business trips. He loved his job... it just killed him to say uncle. Yet the VA refuses to abide by his 100% rating that SSDI gave him. Seriously...how can one government agency declare him 100% disabled after reviewing his mountains of medical records and another government agency refuse to even say he has a problem. He has undergone soooo many diagnostic tests that PROVE his nervous system is completly shorted out... yet.. that's not enough proof for them. We have been warned that when this hits his diaphragm or heart... he's done.

Ok.. I better quit talking about this.. I feel my BP going redline.

Thanks for all the kind words and support... I'll for sure post back when we learn something. I am not holding my breath on things going well. We have been kicked in the teeth so many times we need dentures...

Hugs..

poof*
Old 02-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

Events like you describe - where the vets have issues and problems that are service related - and the US government denies there is a problem - infuriate and sadden me.

I really wish those people that deny you would have to face the same thing! with the same results!

I am so sorry that you've had to fight for help - and not get it - along with the medical issues.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:15 PM

My husband also served in Viet Nam during 1966-67 and was doused with Agent Orange until his clothes were drenched. Fortunately for us, the only effect we've seen has been type 2 diabetes, which he's gotten under control with diet and weight loss. We realize how lucky we've been.

We will pray for you and your husband, that justice will prevail and our government will do right by him. Don't give up the fight!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:58 PM

Sorry about your hubby Pinkiris... it's sure a mess.

Bearisgrey... trust me.. there are SOOOO MANY veterans suffering just like my hub...with no help...no wife... no family. At least we have each other...and that's a good start.

Thanks to everyone for the support... we shall see.

Hugs..

poof*
Old 02-11-2012, 04:10 PM

I also am a Vietnam vet and we lived next to the dumping ground (water sanitation, etc. ) VA says my arthritis is not caused by Agent Orange, however my attorney say it is. He is trying to help me out. don't know what will happen altho I heard if you live in AZ you get it almost without any problems. Must be someone down there that knows what is going on, otherwise they would be stiffed like the rest of us.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:27 PM

Amyjo
My sincere best wishes for things to go your way! We really do feel your pain and frustration. This really IS horrible for all the vets locked in this fight. My hub transported AO in his plane doing spot defoliation. Their clothes were washed in it...and he's pretty sure some of their food was cooked with it. As he put it...we ate/slept and lived in AO for about a year. He was in DeNang during what's referred to as the "hot zone" when it was just poured everywhere.

We are in a race with time...and I sure hope we win. We have met soooooooooooo many veterans who have had to fight 5+ years for their benefits. Many have passed during their battle. My son said the vets in Idaho don't have near the hassle as some states either, but I can't leave the only real financial stability we have which is my job. We will be hiring an attorney in the next month if we get BLOWN OFF AGAIN.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:31 PM

Have you contacted your congressman/senator on this? Sometimes they can help...I'm working with a kid who was in for about six years: got hurt in three different overseas locations, and they're giving him a ration. So...Sen Joe Wilson is one of ours and is also the Armed Forces rep...so we'll see! Good luck...I agree, some of the stuff they try to pull with our guys is CRIMINAL!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:55 PM

You are not nuts.. I agree with you.. I bought the hangers from Costco, and love them.. Since I wear scrubs a good part of my life, and hate to wear wrinkles, I don't put them in the dryer.. I hang them.. Another plus about not drying them, is if there is any stain on them, spot clean them, and toss them in the wash..
Barri