Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Rapid refund loans from tax refunds >

Rapid refund loans from tax refunds

Rapid refund loans from tax refunds

Old 02-12-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
.................Unfortunatly the IRS is not accepting any returns till Monday, so the people that helped her file are waiting for the IRS to accept the return first.
The IRS has been accepting returns since Jan 14th. It is not accepting returns with Sch A (itemized deductions),or with Education Credits. I think there are a couple of other items that are delayed also. Those are returns delayed until Feb 14, but all others have been accepted.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
He is going to try and get his job back before he does anything. He was told that they would not hold his job for 3 weeks while he was off and was terminated.

As for DD, I wish they would have filed online. We did and got out money back 3 days later. I will have her bring the papers they gave her and read them with her and hopefully find some answers.

I just wish I could do more to help them.
Was your SIL injured at work? If so, I don't believe he can be terminated. There are protections for people injured on the job.

If he was injured off the job, that's a different story.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

Many companies now have a policy that if you are injured off the job in what is considered risky or unsafe activity then a person may be terminated. A lawyer will have to get involved to challenge the legality of it, which is not fair to the employee at all! It should be right or wrong but nothing ever is.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:23 AM

SIL's job rights depend on the state...I know Oregon is a "Right to Work" state, meaning that an employer can fire/layoff an employee simply because he decides he doesn't like the color of the employee's eyes, or thinks that the car the employee drives is too junky to be parked in the company parking lot. In other words, he doesn't have to have a reason to terminate employees..
Old 02-13-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by nycquilter
the check is not coming from the IRS. If I'm understanding you correctly, that is. The loan is coming from whomever she used for preparation. What percentage are they taking for this? My husband is a CPA, partner in a firm, and he is adamant that this kind of loan should not be permitted. If you file early, the refund turnaround time is pretty quick.
Those loans do not come from the tax prep company. That is actually against the law. Those loans come from banks that are associated with the tax prep companies.

Since those loans come from banks, you can be turned down for the loan.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:01 AM

My SIL was injured on the job. It is a manufacturing plant. He was put on light duty for 3 weeks. HR told him that there were no light duty jobs and they would not hold his position for 3 weeks. He does wants his job back. He is very worried about supporting his family. My heart says they won't rehire, even though he was a very good employee.

DD has excellent credit. She pays bills way before they are due and has paid off her car loan a year early. The tax filers told her that her loan was accepted. Not sure if her taxes were. They are not giving her or others very concrete answers. Each time she calls, they tell her something different. I know that DD and SIL are worried about finances and that makes it more upsetting to her.

DD and I both worked last night and also tonight. She is to call back Monday. I just hope she gets good news.