Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Read this about processed foods, what to avoid! >

Read this about processed foods, what to avoid!

Read this about processed foods, what to avoid!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Google Goddess

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/healt...foods-1268429/
Old 04-18-2010, 11:02 AM

My ex Mother in law passed away about 16 years ago. The Doctor said she developed tumors from eating to many processed foods.

She died of a cancer that engulfed her lungs and chest area. She worked in a factory that made golf balls so I am sure the chemicals there had something to do with it also.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:06 PM

This is good stuff to know. I wish dad was still alive and farming, I'd just go graze on some clover. LOL I guess we should all try to eat healthier but even most ground soil is so contaminated now that even if you grow your own food it's still got trace amounts of all kinds of junk in it.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:39 PM

I can attest to the fact that Aspertame and MSG can cause ALL those reactions and more! There are some there that I didn't know though. Check out www.truthinlabeling.com and REALLY be shocked! The H1N1 vaccine had MSG in it!!! MSG goes by many names, too. That website will tell you what to look for.

20 yrs ago I was just this close to going on disability. I was unable to walk - in a wheelchair, unable to know what people were saying to me and God Help ME, I didn't know who my boss of 7 yrs was. I was going blind, you couldn't touch me because I hurt so bad. Then we discovered MSG was the culprit. Now --- I do every imaginable craft, I garden, we travel....I'm healthier than a lot of people my age (I'm 60)....I tell you this - because some people don't believe what those additives can do to you. I DO find food to eat....I'm 40 # overweight so obviously I CAN find food without the additives!
Old 04-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, I am glad I posted this link and discussion. Thanks all!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:02 PM

I saved the information to study better later. I eat a number of things that I shouldn't. I'm a diabetic that takes 4 shots of insulin a day. I have heart disease and a number of other things. My first heart attack was at age 45. I've also had a triple by pass. Between low fat diet and diabetic diet....I just haven't found a way to survive the healthy way. I split my time between my house and my daughters......can't eat strictly healthy no matter how hard I try! Sometimes it all just seems too much!
~Bj~