Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ready for Spring!

Blog Entries

Ready for Spring!

I was looking thru my photos and found this one taken last year of my sister on my screen porch. We take the sewing machine out there & enjoy the weather. I think it's supposed to get to 10 degrees today...
    Usually like the cold weather, but I'm ready for spring!
    Name:  joyceporch.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  154.0 KB
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I love your porch!
    Sharyl

beautiful sewing area!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I could go to sleep out there. With the exception of cooking and bathing, I would spend my whole day out there weather permitting.

Blog Entries
    Nice to have someone to sew with. Your porch is wonderful!

Ditto to all of the above. I'm also ready to see Spring. Will be taking the camper up to the campground in Harbor Beach in April. I set up a screen room so that I can sew outside. People come by to see what I'm working on, and also just to chat. Enjoy being outdoors.
    Use your smile to change the world, but don't let the world change your smile.

Power Poster
    If we didn't have winter, we wouldn't appreciate spring. Come on Spring!

Blog Entries
    That's a great looking porch.

Beautiful...what do you do to protect that beautiful wood from Michigan's hard winters?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Beautiful...what do you do to protect that beautiful wood from Michigan's hard winters?
    The porch is composite decking & aluminum. We enlarged & screened in a small porch several years ago. I had them put in electric outlets several places. Then I went to look for a large teak/outdoor wood table. They wanted a zillion dollars! I looked on craig's list for a Danish table like we have in our DR, the legs are solid teak. Found one for $100. We cover it when it's on the deck (that big thing behind my sister is the cover). In the winter, we bring it inside.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

That is a great looking porch. Move it out here to Southern California and we would both be sewing on it. Going to be in the 80s all next week. With no winter, we will probably have lots of fires again.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Beautiful porch! My Dh is a farmer and is outside all of the time and he said that he has been seeing lots of flocks of geese flying north - so hope that means that winter is about over!!!!!
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    I just love, love your porch and to be out there to sew I just love it oh I bet you all probably have your meals out there also I know I would and to be out there to have my morning bible reading and my first cup of coffee Shoot I could go on and on,,,,love it

Blog Entries
    I'm sitting inside the house in Northern Indiana. Nepture is raging outside with a chill wind. Thermometer says 27 but the wind chill is so low the Amish are calling me to rescue them. Two so far. And one was already sick. I took a Vit C. The wind is so strong it is howling through the trees. I can't believe what those poor folks in Mass. are going to get. I have seen 5 dead skunks on the road and a pair of mating foxes. Spring has got to be close.

Beautiful porch! At 4:00 p.m. I was in the car, 5 degrees and I don't want to know the chill factor. Wind is blowing hard but still not as bad as last winter here. Waiting for spring too!

Very nice porch! It has been 80 degrees here for a couple weeks. Don't know what is going on! We need some more rain or something or this summer the forest will be too dry and not good for fires.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Power Poster
    Great space...