Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Really?? An ear infection??? help! >

Really?? An ear infection??? help!

Really?? An ear infection??? help!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:18 PM

Alright, 21 and I have an ear infection. I feel like a 5 year old but it hurts SO BAD! Now I know why kids grab at their ears when they have them....Any advice? I'm so lost on what to do...
Old 01-30-2011, 11:24 PM

Well a really great homeopathic treatment (and I know it sounds totally gross but it totally works)... Grab a head of garlic (fresh) not something chopped/minced etc in a jar from the fridge... and break out a single clove of it, one that is small to fit in the outside area of your outer ear (don't put it in the canal). Remove the shell/hull of the clove to make sure it is exposed and gently rest it in the area (think like an earbud) and hold it into place using a bandaid on the outside of the ear. Sleep on it (try not to sleep on that ear though if its sticking out too much to be uncomfortable) and you'll feel tremendously better by morning. The garlic works as a sort of natural antibiotic and often clears infections in a day or few depending on how bad. If you try this and it persists beyond 3 days, its likely more severe and may require actual antibiotics and you'll need to see a doctor. Even Dr Oz suggests this treatment on his show... so I'm not totally off my rocker or anything, LOL. Good luck and I hope you feel better!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 AM

Lay your head on a warm towel will feel good and get to the Dr. Monday. Had them as a kid, not a fun thing to go thru!! Feel better soon.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:36 AM

Panadol and Nurofen - about half an hour apart. Umm, paracetamol, to reduce fever and nurofen (ibuprofen) to reduce swelling. Then try to get some sleep. . . sorry to hear you are sore and sick.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 AM

Do a search for "Sweet Oil Ear Ache"
Old 01-31-2011, 03:28 AM

My mother use to put a few drops of warm olive in my ears. Always helped. But you probably need an antibiotic too. Hope you feel better.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:34 AM

onion juice in your ear to ease the pain. Make sure its not a hot onion, that would burn your ear. You make onion juice by chopping or purree, squeeze juice out of onion using cheese cloth, or just cut an onion in hald and scrap the center with spoon.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 AM
Banned

I second the onion juice...room temp...scrape a few drops out with a spoon and put it in your ear. Make sure it goes as far in as possible and use cotton or something to keep it in there. It'll work very quickly and you will probably only have to do it morning and night for a day or two.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 AM

We always did the garlic. If the infection isn't to severe it will clear it up within about 2 days, if not u need a doc.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:42 AM

Get to a Dr. You need an antibiotic. Ear infections are not something to wait out.