Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Redoing  bathroom need advise! >

Redoing bathroom need advise!

Redoing bathroom need advise!

Old 11-11-2016, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
We will be doing the same thing later this month. We are putting in tiles. We will use a squeegie after each shower to prevent water spots. We thought about have a seat added while we are putting it in but decided that we will just use a portable seat if we ever need one.
This is what we have with clear glass with door on two walls and tile on 2 walls. IF you squeegee after each shower, all stay amazingly clean. If you forget once or twice, they forgive you but squeegee (not cleaner) keeps everything shining!
Old 11-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

My mom had her bathroom redone and her shower is completely tiled and the floor is level without a step. She has a rail all around with a curtain to pull closed. She has a seat she can pull down built into the wall and a hand-held shower for those occasions. It works like a charm.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:12 AM

There is a product called Daily Shower made by a number of manufacturers. I use it every day and this has kept my new shower looking new for over 3.5 years.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:24 PM

I had a plastic shower and it's not easy to clean at all. I used everything I could find to try and keep it clean. Good luck in whatever you do.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:39 AM

We rented a house once and it had a built in seat in the shower. I've wished many times that they would put one in all showers. It just angled across one corner but was really handy.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:47 AM

I love my plastic walk-in shower with 2 seats. We do have to step up 3 " to get in but it is very easy to clean and the seats make it easy to sit and shower.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:43 AM

I have tiles in both bath rooms that have been there for thirty years and they are not that hard to keep clean and they look just as beautiful today as they did when new. We have just about as hard of water as you can get so I just make sure there is no buildup. I use white vinegar to clean and it works beautiful. I have a large sponge with a brush on one side on a long handle and have it done in no time.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:31 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562086[/ATTACH]

We remodeled our bathroom four years ago. We are older and I have arthritis. We put in a seat and stone tile. This was our bathtub area which is now a shower that I can use. I have had both knees replaced also. If you wipe down your shower every time you use it you won't have any trouble with cleaning, it only takes a couple of minutes to take your towel and wipe it down. We have well water with a water softener. Good luck with your choices.
Attached Thumbnails img_0178.jpg   img_0177.jpg  
Old 11-12-2016, 01:33 PM

There isn't a window in the shower. It's a reflection in the glass.Sorry about that
Old 11-12-2016, 02:06 PM

About 3 yrs ago, we gutted my bathroom. Both my husband and I are do-it-yourselfers. We have a shower in our master bath and for later resale value, we kept the tub in my bath and added a shower to it. We used Swan stone as our tub/shower surround. We added an insert with 3 shelves for shampoo, etc. It came in 3 panels and was installed with adhesive. A kitchen/bath shop helped us order. It still looks brand new. I only wipe it down a couple of times a month. We also put in some grab bars for the future (but I have used them on occasion.) We put a small grab bar next to the toilet because I had a knee problem at the time. We replaced the vanity with Swan stone on the top and it is very easy to keep clean. We are very happy with it.